Tour companies in Rio

We did a day tour of Rio with a gal named Leticia Levy and had a lovely day. If you email me at mudhen613 at aol dot com, I can give you a web site. I don't think I'm allowed to post the actual tour company here.

On the ports board you can post the name of a tour operator when someone asks. I assume it would be the same here. Go ahead and post it -- if I'm wrong, I'll be the one in trouble for suggesting it:confused:

P.S. Is there a Roll Call on that cruise? Having trouble finding it. We are booked but there is a chance we'll cancel (once again -- due to horrible flights out of Rio:-(

Yes, if you do some searching in the SA board here on CC you will find lots of recommendations. That's how we found our guy--he's moved away from Rio, so can't recomend him. But the fellow named Raffa also comes highly recommended. We met him, but didn't tour with him. Last name I've forgotten.

Thanks everyone for your imput. I'll check them out.

Jackie, I did not strat the rool call yet. I remember our last cruise from Sydney to Singapore you started the call 7 months ahead and then canceled out for a better cruise. I know the flights to the west coast are really bad leaving after 11:00pm and we have to be off the ship early morning, what the heck are you suppose to do with your luggage all day--just sit in the airport?

HJ:p

Barefoot - The very well known guide in Rio to whom Wendy refers is our buddy, Rafael Torres, called Rafa. We found him on the CC South America board. I have also recommended him to several friends, who reported great satisfaction with his services. Here is a link to his blog: http://donrafaguestsinrio.blogspot.com.br/

His direct email address is: donrafainrio@globo.com . On his blog, his previous email address appears; but the one I've listed here is current.

Rafa has a great passion for his country and for his wonderful city of Rio.

Cheers, Fred

Thanks everyone for your imput. I'll check them out.

Jackie, I did not strat the rool call yet. I remember our last cruise from Sydney to Singapore you started the call 7 months ahead and then canceled out for a better cruise. I know the flights to the west coast are really bad leaving after 11:00pm and we have to be off the ship early morning, what the heck are you suppose to do with your luggage all day--just sit in the airport?

HJ:p

IF we do the cruise, we would leave Rio the night before disembarkation. That way we could leave the ship after dinner and go to the airport. By the time the rest of the people disembark, you would be more than half way home:-) If you stay in Rio, they would provide a room for your luggage and you could do a private tour.

At the moment we have two cruises booked -- should know next week which one we'll do.

So sorry to be off topic.

We just used Rafa last November and he was fantastic. The weather was so foggy and cloudy that we could not see the Christ statue or Sugarloaf (finally saw Sugarloaf from the van on the way to the airport) and he was amazing at showing us other parts of Rio and Nittero and surrounding areas, we saw so much in two days. He was fun, funny and we had many laughs with him. He took us to two restaurants for lunch we never would have found for wonderful food and his restaurant recommendation for the one night we were there was fantastic.

Highly recommend him.

Rioplustours.com is the company we used. Valeria and leticia are wonderful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bingo! that's the company we used. Letecia was our guide and did a fabulous job. Would highly recommend her!

Archived