Good News! Transportation Options!

mygreyhound66

Greetings, I just saw this on TripAdvisor.........

6. Re: New Policy from Bermuda Tourism Authority--

Apr 28, 2016, 4:22 PM

Effective 4/27/16:

The Visitor Information Centre in Dockyard now has access to provide visitors a full range of transportation options out of Dockyard. The recent decision by the Ministry of Tourism & Transport to limit certain kinds of fares has been revised upon feedback from visitors.

Staff at the Visitor Information Centre in Dockyard are pleased to be able to offer a number of options to suit visitor needs:

• Private shuttle services offer round trip dock-to-beachside collection and drop-off service at the convenience of the visitor’s schedule

• One and two-day public transportation passes, as well as single-ride bus fares, are available for purchase as alternatives.

We regret the frustration caused temporarily, and look forward to servicing all visitors and encouraging exploration throughout the island.

Excellent news & thank you, OP and all others in sharing all of the developments lately - we sail in 3 weeks on the BA and look forward to this ...

The tourism folks heard the voices & amended the recent changes - it's a win-win.

We will stick with the ferry to St. George - even in the old days when we docked in downtown Hamilton, the buses can get crowded with smaller ships in port ... it wasn't too bad the last time we visited in 2012, EOS & Dawn both at Dockyard (Breakway brings with her loads more passengers going ashore & it's just going to overwhelm the bus system, which is a vital link daily for local Bermudians).

As for the 15 tickets booklet, my understanding is that they do not expire - can be shared & good until used.

day-pass and single ride bus fares are available. Does that mean the 15-ticket booklet is also available?

thanx

It hasn't been sold at Dockyard for a couple of years, so I suspect it isn't available. They probably just restored the sale of tokens and two day passes. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Edited by njhorseman

Thanks for the information!

BTW, i'm a Jersey Girl from Hackettstown, NJ! I recently retired to SC!!

Can't wait to get back to Bermuda, even if it is only for 5 days!!!

Welcome to the South. Took you long enough. lol

I used to drive through Hackettstown when I used I-81 on my way to Rockaway where I was raised.

I'm looking forward to our first Bermuda visit in August.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Thanks for the information!

BTW, i'm a Jersey Girl from Hackettstown, NJ! I recently retired to SC!!

Can't wait to get back to Bermuda, even if it is only for 5 days!!![/QU

I bet you don't miss the Jersey Winters...

Hackettstown is not what it use to be..

Welcome to the South. Took you long enough. lol

I used to drive through Hackettstown when I used I-81 on my way to Rockaway where I was raised.

I'm looking forward to our first Bermuda visit in August.

You'll love Bermuda! I've been there about 4 times and will return soon!

Yes, it took me a long time to get here as I had to pay my dues to get to retirement!!! I had a hard time tearing myself away from the HS kids I worked with for 35 years and an even harder time tearing myself away from the wonderful Chris Christie and Jersey property taxes!!!! I do miss Jersey tomatoes and full service gas stations though!!!!!

I 81 goes thru Binghamton and Scranton. I 80 goes thru Stroudsburg, Hackettstown and Rockaway! Did you go to KDM Elementary by any chance? I know a lot of the staff in Rockaway! My cousin lives in Greenpond!!

Where do you live in C'town? I'm in the S'ville area!