Anyone used Beulah Mills with Welcome Tours?

CPAYNE1997

Just wanted to get any feedback on Beulah Mill? Have anyone taken a tour with Welcome tours or Beulah Mills?

I used Beulah January 2014 for the ATV excursion with Beach transportation. The ATV tour was great BUT the transportation part not so good. We had to wait 45 minutes after the ATVs were done for Spectrums van to bring us back to the port and when we got there Beulah and our van where no where to be found.

I was not told by Beulah that the transportation would not be from the ATVs to the Beach but from the port to the beach. Either way, she wasn't there. Never contacted me not even after the cruise for an I'm sorry. Part of our group decided to stay at the ship since we wasted so much time waiting.

I know others have had a good experience with her but for me, I wouldn't recommend her.

I used Beulah January 2014 for the ATV excursion with Beach transportation. The ATV tour was great BUT the transportation part not so good. We had to wait 45 minutes after the ATVs were done for Spectrums van to bring us back to the port and when we got there Beulah and our van where no where to be found.

I was not told by Beulah that the transportation would not be from the ATVs to the Beach but from the port to the beach. Either way, she wasn't there. Never contacted me not even after the cruise for an I'm sorry. Part of our group decided to stay at the ship since we wasted so much time waiting.

I know others have had a good experience with her but for me, I wouldn't recommend her.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I think I may keep looking for another tour company.

I am not sure what you want to do. We did a tour called the Lunchtime Special. It was a 1 1/2 hour tour of St Kitts and was long enough to give you a short beautiful tour of the Island! It was only $12.00 and well worth it. We then had her drop us off at Palms Court Gardens for a relaxing day at a beautiful pool! We told her what time we wanted to be taken back to the ship and she was there promptly!

• 5 months later...
I am not sure what you want to do. We did a tour called the Lunchtime Special. It was a 1 1/2 hour tour of St Kitts and was long enough to give you a short beautiful tour of the Island! It was only $12.00 and well worth it. We then had her drop us off at Palms Court Gardens for a relaxing day at a beautiful pool! We told her what time we wanted to be taken back to the ship and she was there promptly!

SOMBRERO6,

Do I understand correctly?

You did the tour and visited Palm Court (that was the first stop when we toured with her), completed the tour, then had her drop you off back at Palm Court and then pick you up later for return to the port?

Was your return visit to Palm Court included in the price? As just a visit (day pass) to Palm to use the pool is listed as $11.

gary

Can you elaborate a little? We were looking into doing this all day tour, so we'd love to hear your experience! Thanks.

Sure. Guide on the Nevis side never showed up! Would NOT use them again. This year we have a tour planned with Thenford Grey. We've done many tours of St Kitts with him and find that he is very reliable, so we're trying his tour to Nevis.

See my post on this thread for more info about what happened to us http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123025

Here's my Trip Advisor review:

Because of all the positive reviews on both Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic we booked a hike with lunch to Nevis with Beulah's Welcome Tours. We booked this tour on February 10, 2013. Beulah contacted us on January 1, 2014, to inform us that the place she had arranged the hike and lunch had been broken into, had the kitchen vandalized and equipment stolen and could not host us for the tour. She said not to worry she had found another place and that because our group of four had become a group of three the price would go up from $80 per person to $85 per person to cover her costs. We had no problem with this.

When we arrived in St Kitts on Jewel Of The Seas we went to the prearranged meeting place and found Beulah. When we first arrived and told her who we were, my wife heard her say “uh-oh,” and she walked away. She then told us she will be right back and walked another group of 4 to meet up with their excursion. She came back and walked us over to the ferry to Nevis, purchased our ferry tickets, and gave some money to us, instructing us to give the money to Teach, on Nevis, and that she would meet us on the other side of the island when we returned to St. Kitts.

She also told us, after my wife asked, that the ferry tickets she gave us were one-way, and that the return tickets would have to be purchased on Nevis. Presumably, Teach knew the schedule and plans once we got to Nevis. It would have been helpful if she had shared that information with us. Teach was not at the ferry dock, nor was anyone holding a sign indicating they were waiting for us. It was only by accident, when we were trying to figure out where to meet Teach, that a man overheard us and intercepted us. He explained that Teach couldn't make it, had sent him and that he was taking us to another driver. Neither one of those gentlemen knew anything about where we were supposed to go, or when we were supposed to be back at the ferry. That's when we found out there were 2 different ferries. We remembered Lindburgh Landing and gave that information to the second driver, who took us there. That was when we found out that she had not confirmed our visit until we were on the ferry. Spencer and his wife were very embarrassed that they hadn't been given enough notice to prepare the lunch we were supposed to get. He worked with the driver to work out a schedule to pick us up and get us back to the ferry in time to get us back to our ship. Not knowing when she anticipated our return, it was decided to use the same ferry we went to Nevis on for the return. Thanks to Spencer, we were able to salvage our hike and return to St. Kitts safely. However, we did not get the lunch that was promised, had to work out all payment and scheduling details on our own, and still spent every dime (and more, since we tipped Spencer for his services) that she quoted, without receiving the promised services. There was no attempt to contact us at all.

If we hadn't been seasoned cruisers that use private operators, this could have been trouble. We think that Beulah really dropped the ball on this one.

Putting this out there so others can make informed decisions. We however will not use Beulah again.

Visited January 2014

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147375-d2075679-r192401243-Welcome_Tours_St_Kitts_and_Nevis-Basseterre_St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html#

Sure. Guide on the Nevis side never showed up! Would NOT use them again. This year we have a tour planned with Thenford Grey. We've done many tours of St Kitts with him and find that he is very reliable, so we're trying his tour to Nevis.

See my post on this thread for more info about what happened to us http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123025

Here's my Trip Advisor review:

Because of all the positive reviews on both Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic we booked a hike with lunch to Nevis with Beulah's Welcome Tours. We booked this tour on February 10, 2013. Beulah contacted us on January 1, 2014, to inform us that the place she had arranged the hike and lunch had been broken into, had the kitchen vandalized and equipment stolen and could not host us for the tour. She said not to worry she had found another place and that because our group of four had become a group of three the price would go up from $80 per person to $85 per person to cover her costs. We had no problem with this.

When we arrived in St Kitts on Jewel Of The Seas we went to the prearranged meeting place and found Beulah. When we first arrived and told her who we were, my wife heard her say “uh-oh,” and she walked away. She then told us she will be right back and walked another group of 4 to meet up with their excursion. She came back and walked us over to the ferry to Nevis, purchased our ferry tickets, and gave some money to us, instructing us to give the money to Teach, on Nevis, and that she would meet us on the other side of the island when we returned to St. Kitts.

She also told us, after my wife asked, that the ferry tickets she gave us were one-way, and that the return tickets would have to be purchased on Nevis. Presumably, Teach knew the schedule and plans once we got to Nevis. It would have been helpful if she had shared that information with us. Teach was not at the ferry dock, nor was anyone holding a sign indicating they were waiting for us. It was only by accident, when we were trying to figure out where to meet Teach, that a man overheard us and intercepted us. He explained that Teach couldn't make it, had sent him and that he was taking us to another driver. Neither one of those gentlemen knew anything about where we were supposed to go, or when we were supposed to be back at the ferry. That's when we found out there were 2 different ferries. We remembered Lindburgh Landing and gave that information to the second driver, who took us there. That was when we found out that she had not confirmed our visit until we were on the ferry. Spencer and his wife were very embarrassed that they hadn't been given enough notice to prepare the lunch we were supposed to get. He worked with the driver to work out a schedule to pick us up and get us back to the ferry in time to get us back to our ship. Not knowing when she anticipated our return, it was decided to use the same ferry we went to Nevis on for the return. Thanks to Spencer, we were able to salvage our hike and return to St. Kitts safely. However, we did not get the lunch that was promised, had to work out all payment and scheduling details on our own, and still spent every dime (and more, since we tipped Spencer for his services) that she quoted, without receiving the promised services. There was no attempt to contact us at all.

If we hadn't been seasoned cruisers that use private operators, this could have been trouble. We think that Beulah really dropped the ball on this one.

Putting this out there so others can make informed decisions. We however will not use Beulah again.

Visited January 2014

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147375-d2075679-r192401243-Welcome_Tours_St_Kitts_and_Nevis-Basseterre_St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html#

Yes, she dropped the ball on my group too. She charged us $5 more for our excursion too saying that she hadn't updated her website yet with new pricing. I remember checking a few months later and the price was still at the lower price.

I'm back to St. Kitts in November and a few of my group wanted to use her to go to Nevis and decided on someone due to my experience. With social media, she really needs to do better.

• 5 months later...
Looking to see if anyone has recently taken the Lunch Tour Special and how was their experience. cost?

I am booked for the lunchtime special as well but not until April. She has responded back to be and the price quoted was $15.00. Let me know how you make out as you depart first.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our cruise and by far, our best tour guide was Beulah on St Kitts. She shares personal family anecdotes that make the island come to life. We took the lunchtime $15 tour and saw sights I hadn't seen in 2 previous ship excursions. This tour far exceeded the ship's tour and cost far less. Just spending time with Beulah is fun. There were 13 of us in a new air conditioned comfortable van. Book with Beulah it will make your cruise.

• 1 year later...

Yes, in Feb. 2016. Her narrated tour was wonderful. This was out third time to the St. Kitts and chose her tours since she had wonderful reviews and very reasonable rates.

The tour was very informative and went to many locations (not the fort) and went beyond what other tours showed us. Very interesting side notes. I would choose her services again.