Tom Moore's Jungle

lauren0309

which is the easiest way to get to Tom Moore's jungle? I was reading reviews about it on another site and see there are 2 different options.

One option was to take a ferry from the dockyard to St. George and then the #6 bus. (if I do that option, I would like to spend some time in St. George before heading to the jungle.)

The other option I read is to take the ferry to Hamilton and then #3 bus. (if I do that option I would like to walk the waterfront and see the shops before heading over to the jungle.

I read that the jungle takes about 2 to 3 hours. So I don't know whether to pair it with seeing Hamilton beforehand or St. George beforehand.

The #6 doesn't run anywhere near where you want to go. Closest bus routes are #'s 1 and 3, with #'s 10 and 11 also stopping not far away. The same bus routes (just traveling in opposite directions) apply regardless of whether you're coming from Hamilton or St. George's.

If you go via St. George's, you have a longer ferry ride and a shorter bus ride. Via Hamilton the ferry ride will be longer and the bus ride shorter.

I would go via St. George's, because that town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and worth a visit in and of itself. There's nothing wrong with Hamilton...it's just a more modern government, business and commercial center with all the hustle and bustle that goes along with that. To me, if you only have time to see one, make it St. George's.

Note that the ferry schedule to St. George's is more limited than the ferry to Hamilton. The St. George's ferry runs less frequently and has no Saturday or Sunday service. On the other hand if it fits in your schedule, I prefer the longer ferry ride/shorter bus ride combination that going via St. George's provides.