Scariest Moment aboard a Cruise

trock

Whats the scariest thing to happen while you were on a cruise?

On one of our cruises, dont remember which one, a helicopter (coast guard) Picked someone up in a gurney to bring to a hospital.. I recall they had a heartattack...

It was on the way to Bermuda~~

Whats the scariest thing to happen while you were on a cruise?

On one of our cruises, dont remember which one, a helicopter (coast guard) Picked someone up in a gurney to bring to a hospital.. I recall they had a heartattack...

It was on the way to Bermuda~~

Getting my S&S bill at the end!

Did I really drink THAT much??:confused:

A few years ago on an Alaskan cruise, my room mate became very ill and had to go to the ER in Ketchikan. After the ER said she could come back to the ship, the ship's MD refused to accept her. She was a young physician and said she wasn't taking the responsibility. What if she became sick again? (Nothing contagious, she had asthma like breathing problems). Anyway, Carnival said there was nothing they could do. Since we weren't related, I was told I had to stay on the ship or be fined $500. Needless to say, she had to fly to Anchorage to meet up with me after the cruise.

(she has been on at least 3 cruises since with no problems). Anyway, I was scared to be on a cruise completely by myself in Alaska! Oh, did I mention that she accidently put all the tickets (airline and shuttle) in her pocketbook before she went to the hospital?

A few years ago on an Alaskan cruise, my room mate became very ill and had to go to the ER in Ketchikan. After the ER said she could come back to the ship, the ship's MD refused to accept her. She was a young physician and said she wasn't taking the responsibility. What if she became sick again? (Nothing contagious, she had asthma like breathing problems). Anyway, Carnival said there was nothing they could do. Since we weren't related, I was told I had to stay on the ship or be fined $500. Needless to say, she had to fly to Anchorage to meet up with me after the cruise.

(she has been on at least 3 cruises since with no problems). Anyway, I was scared to be on a cruise completely by myself in Alaska! Oh, did I mention that she accidently put all the tickets (airline and shuttle) in her pocketbook before she went to the hospital?

OMG Ok so far you are winning~

Well since I've only been on one I don't have a lot of experiences to recall from....

.....this wasn't SCARY, but it was definitely EERIE. We were on the Celebration 5 day and had just left Nassau at about 11pm. My fiance' & I stood at the stern and watched the Pilot boat following us out of the harbor. The the Pilot boat slowly turned and went back towards shore....we watched Nassau slowly slip away into the darkness, and before long, it was just a reflective glimmer on the horizon. The seas kicked up to about 10-11 feet that night, so we made our way to the bow (or as close as we could get to it) and watched those whitecaps come rolling out of the darkness. I remember feeling so incredibly TINY at that moment...and then my fiance' said "You know.....we really aren't supposed to be here..." meaning in the middle of ocean in the middle of the night.

We just felt a bit in awe of the ocean & the darkness and potential power it held. I guess it's hard to explain, but we started feeling a bit intimidated. We went back inside and quickly became occupied with the sights & sounds of our cruise! :)

UGH!!! That's awful!

Grand Caymen Islands - Winds and rain were such all tours were cancelled. However they did allow us to go ashore on the tenders. The down pour was such we only shopped for short time and then decided to head back to the ship. The lines at the tender were very long and seemed so slow. We found out why when we got on a tender. We reached the ship and the swells were such that it took 3 attempts to dock to the ship. Several crew members stood on the deck and tender and one by one physically shoved passengers onto the cruise ship. The tender kept banging hard against the ship. Very nerve racking to say the least. I would never tender again in such conditions.

.....I was sweating bullets as I brought my Vodka in my carry on in water bottles.

Boy, was that close! I still have nightmares!

WooHoo, just reached my 100th post. Do I get any perks for that?

:eek:

On the Carnival Legend 2 yrs. ago, the ship had to make an emergency rescue from a sailboat on the way to Puerto Rico. The man was sailing alone and he became ill and his boat was taking on water.

Since we were the nearest vessel to his we were required to perform the rescue. It actually occurred during the 2nd seating dinner, and all of a sudden the ship started bouncing up and down heavily. The waiters explained that the ship had to stop moving which caused the motion. Apparently, those seated by the windows in the dining room and up on deck, had quite a show of the rescue.

The man was then safely transported to San Juan on our ship, and we were quite impressed on how the captain kept us informed both before and after the incident.

.....I was sweating bullets as I brought my Vodka in my carry on in water bottles.

Boy, was that close! I still have nightmares!

WooHoo, just reached my 100th post. Do I get any perks for that?

:eek:

Lemme go check...

I think it's a free cruise.

Thats the scariest part of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And like someone said the other day, they treat you so nice all week, wait on you hand and foot do whatever you ask of them, they they throw you off the ship at the end of the week. IMO, that is just down right rude.

When we went to Hawaii, we left from Canada. We did not have our life boat drill until the next morning. The first thing they say to us, put on your life jackets and dress warmly, it is very cold out on the deck. Reminded me of Titanic :eek:

On our first cruise most of the cabins had the old style berths that fold down from the wall. We really liked the port intensive itinerary so we went for it but had to pay a bit more to get a cabin that had an actual double bed (come on it was our first cruise and we were leaving our two young children at home). Once we boarded we were sent of to our cabin only to find out it had two berths:eek: , I went to the pursers desk and the sign on the counter said "Ship Full - No Upgrades). Well luckily I had a copy of our confirmation, and within a couple of hours we got our new cabin!

Payd:)

When we couldn't find my teenage daughter after her curfew. She was an hour late and it took another hour to find her. Had the Captain looking! She was finally found in a stairwell, with a group of kids from the teen center. She was oblivious to the time. :mad:

Did I mention that it was our first cruise and it was storming that night and the ship was rocking really badly. I thought surely my daughter had gone overboard. :eek:

Scary

Watching a guy tumble down the the stairs and end up in a ball at the bottom.

Smiling to self

Running over and realizing it was the drunk who earlier caused problems with one of the shop personnel.

Amazement

Ship's Doctor happened to be around corner and also ran over. The drunk proceeded to cuss out the Doc and refused to be looked at. The Doc looked at him and said "Fine, I dont have to treat you and walked off"

Dave

Archived