sooooo....the Victory 8/21 sailing.....

bcs819

is the perfect example of why you should have a passport and fly in a day early. Even with the super late sailaway in San Juan, we considered flying day of for our 5/25/11 Victory sailing and decided to fly in a day ahead just in case. I am sure yesterday was a stress and havoc filled day for passengers and crew-alike, but maybe others will learn from this situation.

The motto of the the Boy Scouts: Be prepared.

If you want to sail during Hurricane season, this should be your guide phrase. I wouldn't want to be the one who has to reroute these ships right now.:D

We always arrive a day early. Even if driving in from 6 hours away.

Im prepared too. Passports in hand when traveling.

is the perfect example of why you should have a passport and fly in a day early. Even with the super late sailaway in San Juan, we considered flying day of for our 5/25/11 Victory sailing and decided to fly in a day ahead just in case. I am sure yesterday was a stress and havoc filled day for passengers and crew-alike, but maybe others will learn from this situation.

What happened yesterday?

What happened yesterday?

The ships that sail from San Juan had to depart early due to a storm moving in. The Coast Guard ordered them to sail and then closed the port. Alot of passengers were left behind as there flights had not arrived. The Carnival Victory's first port, St Thomas, was moved to the last day and they will be at sea for the first two days arriving in Barbados on wed. The cruise lines are flying the passengers to Barbados, but the ones without passports will not be able to go.

And it's two sea to get to Barbados. So they have lost two days' cruise. I read Carnival is taking care of them, hopefully at some tropical resort on a nice beach in Barbados unitl the ship arrives! Hey , one can dream right?

Actually they only lost 1 because tomorrow would have been a sea day anyway.

The ships that sail from San Juan had to depart early due to a storm moving in. The Coast Guard ordered them to sail and then closed the port. Alot of passengers were left behind as there flights had not arrived. The Carnival Victory's first port, St Thomas, was moved to the last day and they will be at sea for the first two days arriving in Barbados on wed. The cruise lines are flying the passengers to Barbados, but the ones without passports will not be able to go.

So if they move St Thomas to the last day, what port are they taking away? I did this cruise last year and it went like this.

Day 1 St.Thomas(which they did not call on today)

Day 2 Dominica ( which is now a sea day )

Day 3 Barbados

Day 4 St.Lucia

Day 5 St. Kitts

Day 7 St.Maarten

So in order to call on St.Thomas they have to drop one.

So if they move St Thomas to the last day, what port are they taking away? I did this cruise last year and it went like this.

Day 1 St.Thomas(which they did not call on today)

Day 2 Dominica ( which is now a sea day )

Day 3 Barbados

Day 4 St.Lucia

Day 5 St. Kitts

Day 7 St.Maarten

So in order to call on St.Thomas they have to drop one.

According to John Heald on his facebook page, they dropped St Maarten and will port in St Thomas on sat.

Archived