Onboard booking advantage?

crecia27

We are going on our first Disney cruise in October (Magic out of Galveston). I already want to try and book the Fantasy for 2014 :D Is there any kind of incentive for booking while onboard and since the 2014 schedules won't likely be out what type of fees are there for changes?

It's worth it even if you're not sure you'll cruise again, because Disney typically doesn't discount cruises, so take advantage of this deal. Just tell the future cruise booking agent you want to book a dummy cruise. They will book you in the cheapest cabin on the cheapest cruise available. We just got back from a 7-nt and booked a 3 night in November of 2014..... when I got home I did my research and changed it to the dates I wanted..... You can also continually push the reservation ahead as new itineraries come out..... But book it EARLY on the cruise as this desk is super busy the last couple of days of the cruise!

When booking onboard is it the same deposits like other lines $100pp? Also, is it charged to your ship card or do they take your actual Visa/Mastercard/Amex, ect? Booked on RCI and they charged your credit card, not your onboard account. Can you add kids or take them off the reservation once you make a dummy res for 4 people (2 adults & 2 kids) or once you book it for 4 it has to be for 4? Thanks, just planning ahead.

Tina

• 1 month later...
When booking onboard is it the same deposits like other lines $100pp? Also, is it charged to your ship card or do they take your actual Visa/Mastercard/Amex, ect? Booked on RCI and they charged your credit card, not your onboard account. Can you add kids or take them off the reservation once you make a dummy res for 4 people (2 adults & 2 kids) or once you book it for 4 it has to be for 4? Thanks, just planning ahead.

Tina

The deposit when you book onboard is 50% of the regular deposit which varies according to the total price and category of your future cruise booking. You can charge it to your ship card or any other credit card.

Name changes are allowed on Disney and have the same rule as the cancellation deadlines. And you can remove people as well up to the cancellation deadlines.

The deposit is 10%, which is half the normal deposit and they will charge your credit card directly, not put it on your on board account. You can just tell them to use the same card that is on file for your on board account, but you will see a separate charge for the future cruise and one for your current cruise expenses.

Can you add kids or take them off the reservation once you make a dummy res for 4 people (2 adults & 2 kids) or once you book it for 4 it has to be for 4? Thanks, just planning ahead.

Tina

One caveat though, and I am not 100% sure so someone here might want to chime in. When you decide to add the kids to the reservation on a later day but for the same sailing, I think the adults' and kids' price will be based on the latest price at the time you are making the change, which could be high (or lower :)) than the original price you had. The same logic applies to removing the kids from the reservation. Also, apart from the price difference, in general I think it is easier to have 4 initially and then remove 2 later, instead of the opposite as you may run into the risk of the ship reaching capacity for quad occupancy and they don't allow you to book quad for the cabin category you want, or you are forced to switch to a lower or higher category at a price you have no control against.

edit: but if your goal for the booking is mainly to use it as a dummy reservation in order to lock-in the discount/OBC/reduced deposit, then it is fine to just pick a short cruise for 2 people (or even as a single :confused:) and for a date you unlikely will cruise.

Archived