What is the least amount of money you have spent once on your cruise?

Aussie Jeep

I think we are getting a lot of apples to oranges answers here.

With some cruise lines, you pay for a excursion when you book it, while others charge your onboard account. Some people leave on the autotip. Others may pay the same amount, but with cash.

You can get away with very little or no charges! We don't drink or gamble so that takes care of that big bill! The ship sales usually don't entice me so we just usually splurge on pictures! Since the "kids" are now all young adults we don't do our yearly Christmas family portrait I can usually talk them into this they have to make mom happy!

Occasionally we will donate to the Walk for Wishes and that will be charged to our account.

I do not feel deprived at all! We go on vacations on a budget but if we REALLY want to do something we WILL do it!

I think I spent $30 on my last cruise 7 day cruise once onboard. One photo and a few drinks and that was about it. I definitely did not deprive myself, but just was not interested in what was available to purchase onboard. However we did prepay gratuities and pay for 2 ship excursions in advance.

For 2 of the 4 ports we purchased tours while in port. All souvenir purchases, a few drinks..etc occurred in port. Although our onboard spending was low, it wasn't like we didn't not spend any money or were extra frugal.

Just curious, is it possible to virtually spend no extra money once on board your cruise. Not taking into account port days.

I'm guessing you're really talking about spending money on the ship and not what the balance in the folio at the end of the cruise. So excluding gratuities (we don't prepay, but we certainly keep the auto-grats on and we may give extra tips on top of that at the end of the cruise), what do we, as a family of three, might have our cabin card swiped for charges:

1. maybe a few drinks -- I'm not much of a drinker and some years can easily go without an alcoholic drink...hubby brings on a box'o'wine and we usually don't finish that. He may buy a few drinks during a two-week cruise. Our teen may get a few sodas or hot chocolates. We do bring on some Mountain Dew (I'm not into Coke products) and Sobe, and I supplement those with the free lemonade on board.

2. maybe some of the photos taken by the ship's photographers. Hubby is picky so just those where we all have our eyes open (that's rare) and without smirks (ha, with our girl...). If so, usually never more than three.

3. maybe a logo tee shirt or two.

We don't gamble or do spa days. We don't do specialty restaurants (the one time was when we were gifted with one). We don't buy the art.

Our last three cruises were two-week ones that had ten sea days on each one. Among the three of us, we undoubtedly spent less than some couples do on much shorter (with less sea days) cruises.