Lunch in Positano

Capri73

Looking at doing the lunch at the San Pietro Hotel with SB.

Any information from anyone who has done this?Is it a set menu or can you choose what to eat.Is wine included and do you think it was worth the $420?

Thank you

Last summer my husband and I booked a private transfer on our own to Positano. We had a lovely casual lunch at the Sirenuse Hotel. I don't remember what we paid but I remember it was significantly less than the Seabourn excursion (which by the way will be cancelled if there are not enough participants). We had no regrets.

We chose to go to Positano from Sorrento because we have cruised to Sorrento many times before. If this is your first time to Sorrento (I'm assuming that is the port in question), it is a charming port city to wander around in.

Another suggestion from Sorrento would be to take the hydrofoil to Capri, although judging from your user name, you may already know about that.

If it is local cuisine you are most interested in, you do not need to spend as much as Seabourn is asking to have a great meal in the area.

Yes we have been to the area many times.My family is from there.We have extra onboard credit and trying to use it for something different.

The credit in the past has been refunded but we were told that they no longer do that.Good to know about cancelling.

On our last Med cruise a couple of years ago we met people who went on this excursion. They said the lunch was excellent, but not worth the price. Have a wonderful lunch at la Sirenuse or elsewhere and save the credit for the spa or some premium wine, etc.

We might be on your cruise. We are planning to go to Positano on our own.

It's a lovely hotel. I stayed there for several days a few years back. The food is excellent and it has one of the best views going - being built into the cliffs.

But I agree that you could get a private car to any of the good hotels and restaurants in the area for less.

I'm quite surprised that the San Pietro is open to 'tour groups,' even supposedly upmarket ones like Seabourn. Be sure that you aren't in a special fenced off area for such groups while bona fide guests of the hotel get the best tables.

Like others have said, Seabourn's price is quite ridiculous and there are far better options for lunch in the area. To appreciate the hotel's special appeal you need to be a guest and have dinner on that terrace.

Looking at doing the lunch at the San Pietro Hotel with SB.

Any information from anyone who has done this?Is it a set menu or can you choose what to eat.Is wine included and do you think it was worth the $420?

Thank you

Were going in OCT aboard Odyssey but on our own not with tour, when are you going ???

From memory, it was a limited choice menu, with maybe two choices per course. It was a very simple meal.

Check out the link in my previous post for a description of the tour.

Edited by cands