Kansas City International parking

Mango Mike

Usually we fly out of Omaha Eppley Airport but found unbeatable prices on flights out of Kansas City for our upcoming cruise so we opted to fly out of K.C.

Since we will obviously be driving to K.C. and leaving our car in one of the "Long Term" parking lots, my question is "How safe/secure are the long term parking lots? In other words, should I be concerned about our car being broken into ?

Thanks

(Hopefully this doesn't jinx me...): I travel for a big chunk of my time and KC is my home airport, so I routinely park my car for a week at a time, at least 20 times per year. Nothing has ever happened. It's not like it's in the middle of the city...it's out in the middle of farms.

You'll have a bunch of options: Long-Term Parking operated by the airport, and Long-Term Parking operated by individual companies (Parking Spot, Park Air Express). I usually do Parking Spot and it's great. I've heard good things about Park Air Express too, but have never done it. The cheapest will be the airport Long-Term itself - there are three lots (one for each terminal), and 20-30 stops per lot, so you won't have to walk far at all. The bus comes by, picks you up, takes you to the terminal you are park for (Lot B = Terminal B, etc.). Coming back, just wait for the blue bus and it goes to the corresponding lot (you'll have to change buses if you depart and return to different terminals - just let the driver know when you board).

Usually we fly out of Omaha Eppley Airport but found unbeatable prices on flights out of Kansas City for our upcoming cruise so we opted to fly out of K.C.

Since we will obviously be driving to K.C. and leaving our car in one of the "Long Term" parking lots, my question is "How safe/secure are the long term parking lots? In other words, should I be concerned about our car being broken into ?

Thanks

A little "out of the box" thinking...but you also might want to see if any of the hotels adjacent to MCI offer a "fly and park" package where your car gets to sit in their parking space for free during the cruise if you stay at their hotel one night...

A little "out of the box" thinking...but you also might want to see if any of the hotels adjacent to MCI offer a "fly and park" package where your car gets to sit in their parking space for free during the cruise if you stay at their hotel one night...

Many of them do. The closest hotel to the airport is the Marriott. I've done a stay and park there and it was something like $125 for a night (nice hotel) + one week of parking, and there was a quick shuttle to/from the terminals. But there are other airport hotels that offer it too.

Archived