Duty Free shop onboard & Alcohol for Cabin

misscolina

Is there a Duty Free shop onboard the Costa Serena so that you can buy spirits to take off the cruise into Dubai? Also can you buy a bottle of Bacardi from Room Service to consume in your cabin, or is there just the mini bar? Thanks

Edited by misscolina

Duty Free in the shops on board are available to all ports outside the EU, while in the EU waters shops open and purchases of spirits are kept back until the last day.

Your trip on the Serena out of Dubai would also come under their rules regarding drinks.

You can not purchase a bottle for your room, if the above applies other than that just buy a bottle in Duty Free and leave it in room.

Costa will take any bottles purchased ashore off you until the last day.

Edited by tenpin

Is there a Duty Free shop onboard the Costa Serena so that you can buy spirits to take off the cruise into Dubai? Also can you buy a bottle of Bacardi from Room Service to consume in your cabin, or is there just the mini bar? Thanks

Are you getting the all inclusive package? Its a no brainer!

For cabin just grab a drink from the nearest bar - check out your cabin location and find the nearest.

Thanks for you replies. We will be getting a drinks package but thought we might just buy a bottle to take into Dubai after the cruise. My main concern is getting a bottle for our time in Dubai after the cruise, if we bring it from the airport to take on the ship I don't want to have to go to the naughty room or be embarrased because we are taking liquor aboard and if you can't buy it from the Duty free shop onboard or from Room Service, then I guess this will be our only option.

There is no reason why you cannot buy a bottle from the on-board duty free shop and it will be delivered to your cabin on the last night.

You can import alcohol into Dubai:

http://www.dubaicustoms.gov.ae/en/eServices/ServicesForTravellers/CustomsDuties/Pages/PermittedItems.aspx

Every large hotel has at least one "watering hole", our favourite was The Four Points Pub at the Sheraton:

http://www.yesterdaypub.com/gallery

Thanks for you replies. We will be getting a drinks package but thought we might just buy a bottle to take into Dubai after the cruise. My main concern is getting a bottle for our time in Dubai after the cruise, if we bring it from the airport to take on the ship I don't want to have to go to the naughty room or be embarrased because we are taking liquor aboard and if you can't buy it from the Duty free shop onboard or from Room Service, then I guess this will be our only option.

You can take a bottle with you when boarding even though it may be taken away you get it back when leaving the ship on the last night.

Simply tell those on x-ray that is for when you finish the cruise. Thats if they see it.