How will this work?

theriac

I'm a little confused with port days on a cruise going to Egypt. I'm looking at a cruise on the Costa Pacifica for fall 2015 and Port Said and Alexandria are both stops, but on the same day. Egypt is a huge selling point to me, but I'd like to know how this works. It says we would be in Port Said from 07:30-09:30 then we will be in Alexandria from 19:00-21:00. Do they drop you off in Port Said then you have to get to Alexandria. Do they do this so you only book an excursion with them? I'm just kinda nervous, but I really like how Egypt and Israel are both on this trip, and find it interesting to technically be in 3 continents on one cruise in less than 2 weeks.

Thanks, and hopefully you can enlighten me. It says the Egypt stop is day 9

sorry if you saw this on the roll call page I accidentally posted it there, and hopefully a moderator can take it down. Moderator here is a link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090555

Edited by theriac

I'm a little confused with port days on a cruise going to Egypt. I'm looking at a cruise on the Costa Pacifica for fall 2015 and Port Said and Alexandria are both stops, but on the same day. Egypt is a huge selling point to me, but I'd like to know how this works. It says we would be in Port Said from 07:30-09:30 then we will be in Alexandria from 19:00-21:00. Do they drop you off in Port Said then you have to get to Alexandria. Do they do this so you only book an excursion with them? I'm just kinda nervous, but I really like how Egypt and Israel are both on this trip, and find it interesting to technically be in 3 continents on one cruise in less than 2 weeks.

Thanks, and hopefully you can enlighten me. It says the Egypt stop is day 9

sorry if you saw this on the roll call page I accidentally posted it there, and hopefully a moderator can take it down. Moderator here is a link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090555

The ship will make a stop in Port Said let people off for tours and then the ship will move to Alexandria. We have done both ports in the past and really enjoyed them.

This is the same cruise that we have booked on the Pacifica this November. But due to the conflict in Egypt and Israel we are not going there. Unfortunately you might not either.

Costa substituted Istanbul and Volos, Greece

It is as Salve said they drop off then continue to Alexandria.

Even back in 05 all tours in Eygpt were by coach and with armed guards our convoy had 41 coaches, so I doubt very much that this will go ahead given the present conflict in Eygpt, so would hold off booking until Spring next year when things might be a little clearer.

Thanks, I figured this is how it worked. Hopefully in late 2015 the conflicts will end in both Israel and Egypt.

If not they will just change the itinerary to safer ports as they did

with my parents couple of month ago and with my brother who will do the same cruise in a couple of month from now; when they booked their cruise would have taken them to Odessa and the Crimea, now they changed it to two ports in Romania.