MSC Divinia - Can I Bring Soda On Board

RocksGal

If I want to buy some cans of soda before we embark, and I allowed to bring those on board with me?

The official wording

BRINGING BEVERAGES AND FOOD ONBOARD

Guests are advised that MSC

Cruises operates the following

on-board policy with regard to

prohibited items, which include

alcohol (beer, wine, spirits,

champagne, etc.), firearms,

irons, hair straighteners,

weapons and sharp objects. Any

such items found in your

luggage when scanned during

the boarding process will

preclude embarkation. Unless a

guest disposes of such items

themselves at this point, they

will be confiscated and not

returned to the guest, without

exception. In the interest of

health and safety, beverages

and food (incl. partially eaten or

homecooked items) may not be

brought on board either.

Exception: dry, packaged and

commercially produced foods as

well as confectionary. Any guest

who fails to comply with the

security regulations laid out

above will be denied access to

the ship. Objects that are

considered to be fragile,

personal and/or valuable

(jewellery, electronics, money,

travel documents, backpacks,

medicines, diapers? etc.) must

be carried as hand luggage only

since MSC Cruises cannot accept

liability for their damage or loss.

• 1 month later...

THIS IS CURRENT BOARDING INFO.

Check-In closes 2 hours before the ship departure time.

As a safety precaution, you and your luggage may be searched and any item that the Company considers a security risk for passengers or crew members (such as weapons, alcohol, food, diving knives, kettles, irons, etc.) will be confiscated and not returned. Firearms will not be accepted on board and immediate disembarkation will be required.

• 1 month later...

So, are you guys saying that we can't even take a pack of crackers or other pre-packaged snack foods to keep in our cabin? Sorry, I just booked our first MSC cruise (but not our 1st cruise), so I'm not familiar with all of the policies yet.

So, are you guys saying that we can't even take a pack of crackers or other pre-packaged snack foods to keep in our cabin? Sorry, I just booked our first MSC cruise (but not our 1st cruise), so I'm not familiar with all of the policies yet.

That's allowed and is an exception:

well as confectionary

Many people with celiac (gluten/wheat allergy) often bring on gluten-free products provided they are commercially produced and factory sealed.

Hej,

we made two cruises on the MSC Divina (2014 and 2016) to Western and Eastern Carribean and had sodas and water in our luggage (which we had left from our Florida holiday before). It was no problem to take them on board. In addition many people bought water in the ports and brought it on board. The staff told us that they only impound alcohol. So no worries :)

Best wishes,

Ina

Hej,

we made two cruises on the MSC Divina (2014 and 2016) to Western and Eastern Carribean and had sodas and water in our luggage (which we had left from our Florida holiday before). It was no problem to take them on board. In addition many people bought water in the ports and brought it on board. The staff told us that they only impound alcohol. So no worries :)

Best wishes,

Ina

That might be the case in the U.S., but both my MSC cruises, one sailing from Genua and the other from Venice, staff was searching and confiscating non-authorised items.

It is up to each person to decide if saving a few bucks is worth the stress.

That might be the case in the U.S., but both my MSC cruises, one sailing from Genua and the other from Venice, staff was searching and confiscating non-authorised items.

It is up to each person to decide if saving a few bucks is worth the stress.

That's possible, of course. I have only reported on our experience ans these were twice identical. So if the start of the cruise is in the USA or The Carribean I would not wory me to bring some water on board.

If it is undesirable, the staff will impound it and nothing else happens.

Edit: But they are very strict with other items. We had a very small swiss army knife in the luggage (maxbe 8 cm) and they took it awy. We got it back at the end of the cruise.

Edited by Ina85
complement

That's allowed and is an exception:

well as confectionary

Many people with celiac (gluten/wheat allergy) often bring on gluten-free products provided they are commercially produced and factory sealed.

Ok, thank you for the clarification. We've never had a problem on all the other lines we've sailed, so, I was thinking that's crazy not to allow crackers or peanuts, etc. Sometimes, we just want that little up late, had a few drinks and now have the munchies late-night snack.:D

Diet Coke addict here... But I am not willing to spend a few $ for a tiny serving. I'm thinking about bringing a 12 pack of them in my carry-on as I've done with every other cruise that I've been on. This is my first on MSC though. Usually in the Port of Miami they will pull me aside and look through my bag to make sure it's only soda. I'm prepared to have to ditch them if necessary.

Has anyone here had trouble doing this while embarking on the Divina in Miami? Or maybe I should ask if anyone has been successful in bringing soda in their carry-on...????

Thanks,

Ron

Just an update to prohibited items. I sailed last week. I have a steamer that was no confiscated and some small bottles of liquor as well.

We did come back with a bottle of wine in Olympia, Greece and they took it and held it until the last day... as expected.

I also had battery operated candles in my carry on. No problem.

They have Coke products on board the Divina.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they have Coke products but at $2.60 USD for a can, that's $31.20 for a 12 pack which can be bought for around $4. I completely understand the previous poster's question. I've always taken a 12 pack of soda onboard with me on other lines. Never been an issue. I understand MSC wanting to make a buck, but....