Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

I have noticed numerous threads about the Aft of the Grand Class ships; I was bored and wanted to put together a reference guide for the Crown, Emerald and Ruby Ships. Feel free to add to it. I am visual person so I hope this helps all out there that are looking to book an aft balcony of some kind

Pictured below is the Crown Princess

CROWNPRINCESSI.jpg?t=1215974952

What a lot of work you put into that aft beam/vent/obstruction deck plan. Thanks so much, it really does make a picture worth a thousand words.

Thanks for taking the time! I am also a visual person and that really puts it into perspective.

Notice one thing - On Caribe Deck I didn't have room to put the 7 in front of every number. Just add a 7 and you will have the cabin number. All Balconies on Caribe deck are a BB balcony.

Also if some can't read the numbers, right click and save as to your computer, put it into "my pictures" and when you open it you should be able to enlarge the picture.

FLvol77: That must have taken some time! Thanks for the info. I've long been confused about which staterooms had which. One question though, would this hold true for ALL Grand class ships or just the Crown, Emerald and Ruby?

FLvol77: That must have taken some time! Thanks for the info. I've long been confused about which staterooms had which. One question though, would this hold true for ALL Grand class ships or just the Crown, Emerald and Ruby?

I don't believe it would. Most of the Grand Class has a Grand Suite and "new" Grand Class doesn't.

Compare the Crown, The Caribbean and the Grand

Notice the Grand has one less deck (the deck with all the BB balconies), the Caribbean is simallar but has the "Grand Suite" Hope this helps.

CROWNPRINCESSI.jpg?t=1215978677

CaribbeanPrincessII.jpg?t=1215978921

GrandPrincess.jpg?t=1215978967

I also want to say thank you for the pictures. That did take a lot of work and I really appreciate your effort here. I'm like Toto and am a very visual person. Was really curious about the beam on some of the cabins, and now I don't have to wonder anymore.

You are correct about the Grand Suite being different on the other ships. Also the Grand Princess is even different yet. The Grand Suites on that ship are on the side of the ship on the upper deck, I want to say it was the Lido deck. We have stayed in that Grand Suite as well as others at the Aft of the ships. They are truly very nice and have no beams on the long balcony's.

Thanks for you hard work!

Many thanks. to see it so visually really helps.

We have D734 on EP in 3 weeks time.

Any idea what is between D734 & D735 or E734 & E735?

The diagram from Princess just shows it as being blank.

Is it storage?

Thanks again for taking the trouble to show the beams and vents info:)

I hope everyone can read this one - If not trying saving it to your computer. This is the Grand, which would also include the Star and the Golden Princess. I am working on the others. I doubt I will get to them today. Its hard to find the right picture of the aft of the ship.

here you go, I hope this helps even more. I didn't see a vent on these ships. If I am wrong please let me know and I can change it.

GrandPrincessI.jpg?t=1215982621