Iles des saintes car rental

maryella

We will be visiting for a day and would love to rent a mini moke to tour. I was there last year and there was a car rental agency to the left coming off the small pier in town but I don't remember the name. Anyone familiar with iles des saintes can me out? Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from our one day adventure in Les Saintes. It was a cute little town!

There were many places to rent a scooter but many of them already were sold out by the time we arrived. I'm not sure of any of the names but perhaps if you're in early enough and get off the ship fast you'll be able to get a rental. There were some located down the street from where you first come ashore as well.

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from our one day adventure in Les Saintes. It was a cute little town!

There were many places to rent a scooter but many of them already were sold out by the time we arrived. I'm not sure of any of the names but perhaps if you're in early enough and get off the ship fast you'll be able to get a rental. There were some located down the street from where you first come ashore as well.

I also hear they have electric cars or golf carts to ride around the island. Did you see much of that going on?

We have rented scooters before in Bermuda and Aruba but we will be with another couple and not everyone is comfortable doing that which is why I asked about the golf cart type transportation. Would you say it is really very walkable or would other forms of transportation be a better option? Also, I had been looking at a youtube video of this area and in this particular one, it looked like they were riding on a walkway where there were walkers and they were buzzing right by. I know they said the streets are tiny, but was wondering how safe it was to walk as far as the scooters go?

The streets are very small and there isn't always a sidewalk. The area where Wind Surf drops you off is very walkable. If you didn't stop to admire the scenery or do any shopping you could walk the area in about 30 minutes I would think. Of course it's hard for me to judge since we stopped at lots of the shops and checked out the tiny beach area. We saw a fish market and admired the catch. There are several beautiful shops just out of the main portion where you are dropped off. And lots of locals too since it was only our ship and the Star Clipper in port.

If you do want a golf cart, I would get off early to get one. You would be able to see more of the neighborhoods that way I assume. But you will still have to navigate the scooters and the walkers!

The streets are very small and there isn't always a sidewalk. The area where Wind Surf drops you off is very walkable. If you didn't stop to admire the scenery or do any shopping you could walk the area in about 30 minutes I would think. Of course it's hard for me to judge since we stopped at lots of the shops and checked out the tiny beach area. We saw a fish market and admired the catch. There are several beautiful shops just out of the main portion where you are dropped off. And lots of locals too since it was only our ship and the Star Clipper in port.

If you do want a golf cart, I would get off early to get one. You would be able to see more of the neighborhoods that way I assume. But you will still have to navigate the scooters and the walkers!

You've given a good visual of the area. It probably makes sense to use it as a walking day and just explore. And when you talk about shops, it would be a pain to keep looking for places to park where as if you are walking, you just go in and out of shops as you choose. All is good and I appreciate all the time you are taking to help answer all my questions.