My Wedding Program

cmt8185

They look beautiful! I am getting married in Nassau in October. Did you go through Royal Ocean Events? How long ago did they give you the times for the wedding so that you could make the program? Or did you not include times? I cannot wait to hear your review when you return!

Tiffany

They look beautiful! I am getting married in Nassau in October. Did you go through Royal Ocean Events? How long ago did they give you the times for the wedding so that you could make the program? Or did you not include times? I cannot wait to hear your review when you return!

Tiffany

Hi!

I am going through Royal Ocean Events :) They haven't given me a time yet and said they probably won't until two weeks prior. Everything I've printed I've only put the date and not the time. Luckily with cruise ship weddings you have access to everyone beforehand so you can let everyone know! I plan on writing a long review with lots of pictures so stay posted. When are you getting married? We won't be back from our honeymoon until October 11th. CONGRATS!

We leave October 5th for our wedding so I will just miss you! Enjoy both the wedding and the honeymoon! I am sure it will be a fabulous time! So far I feel as though things have gone smoothly for us. Any advice you may have being farther along in planning (although not too much farther).

Tiffany

We leave October 5th for our wedding so I will just miss you! Enjoy both the wedding and the honeymoon! I am sure it will be a fabulous time! So far I feel as though things have gone smoothly for us. Any advice you may have being farther along in planning (although not too much farther).

Tiffany

I actually talked with Royal Ocean Events and Carnival today. ROE told me that my guests will be picked up at 10am and my bridesmaids and I will be picked up at 10:15am with my ceremony to start at 11. I then called Carnival and spoke with my planner and she said my reception will start at 1pm. These times are about right on with what I've read in previous reviews.

I feel like even though I planned way ahead, I'm still finding myself doing a lot of things last minute. I've had a few late bookers and one or two cancel so it's been a pain. Especially because I don't think people realize it's like a real ceremony/reception and you pay for things by the person. So definitely try and finalize your guest list ASAP and as early as possible!

PS-If you have bridesmaids and don't want your groom to see you, be sure to let them know! Separate transportation costs extra for you + bridesmaids.

I actually talked with Royal Ocean Events and Carnival today. ROE told me that my guests will be picked up at 10am and my bridesmaids and I will be picked up at 10:15am with my ceremony to start at 11. I then called Carnival and spoke with my planner and she said my reception will start at 1pm. These times are about right on with what I've read in previous reviews.

I feel like even though I planned way ahead, I'm still finding myself doing a lot of things last minute. I've had a few late bookers and one or two cancel so it's been a pain. Especially because I don't think people realize it's like a real ceremony/reception and you pay for things by the person. So definitely try and finalize your guest list ASAP and as early as possible!

PS-If you have bridesmaids and don't want your groom to see you, be sure to let them know! Separate transportation costs extra for you + bridesmaids.

Oh that is great! I am glad you were given the times you wanted. I am also hoping for an 11am ceremony. We are not doing an actual reception through Carnival, but have booked the specialty restaurant on the boat later that night.

I am only having 1 bridesmaid/witness and I did also arrange for a cab to take me separately from the groom. I am actually quite worried about walking from the cruise dock to the place where the bus/cab picks us up. Have you even been to this dock? It is quite a walk in a long/heavy gown. I actually asked Carnival and ROE if they could send a gold cart or something to bring me to the cab from the dock and I was told NO!

Which boat are you sailing on? Are you having your hair/make-up done on board?

Oh that is great! I am glad you were given the times you wanted. I am also hoping for an 11am ceremony. We are not doing an actual reception through Carnival, but have booked the specialty restaurant on the boat later that night.

I am only having 1 bridesmaid/witness and I did also arrange for a cab to take me separately from the groom. I am actually quite worried about walking from the cruise dock to the place where the bus/cab picks us up. Have you even been to this dock? It is quite a walk in a long/heavy gown. I actually asked Carnival and ROE if they could send a gold cart or something to bring me to the cab from the dock and I was told NO!

Which boat are you sailing on? Are you having your hair/make-up done on board?

I've never been to this port but I have heard it's quite a trek. My shoes are flip flops (thankfully) and hopefully it won't be too hot lol. When I asked Carnival about helping my grandparents from the ship to the van I was also told that would be on us. So they're having to bring their own wheelchairs. It sure would be nice if they helped with that.

I'm sailing on the Ecstasy and plan on having my hair and make-up done there. This is probably the one thing that makes me nervous. Do you know if you can make an appointment ahead of time? I've heard rumors that they'd open early for brides. With a 10:15 departure time and 5 bridesmaids.. I think we may need to get in there a little early. What ship are you on? Any advice on hair/make-up on the ship?

I've never been to this port but I have heard it's quite a trek. My shoes are flip flops (thankfully) and hopefully it won't be too hot lol. When I asked Carnival about helping my grandparents from the ship to the van I was also told that would be on us. So they're having to bring their own wheelchairs. It sure would be nice if they helped with that.

I'm sailing on the Ecstasy and plan on having my hair and make-up done there. This is probably the one thing that makes me nervous. Do you know if you can make an appointment ahead of time? I've heard rumors that they'd open early for brides. With a 10:15 departure time and 5 bridesmaids.. I think we may need to get in there a little early. What ship are you on? Any advice on hair/make-up on the ship?

I am sailing on the Miracle. I have flat sandals as well, but I will probably be a hot/sweaty after the long walk. My dad thinks that once you get off the boat there is always a van that picks up elderly/handicap people. I am not sure if these people arrange it or just happen to see it and take advantage. I am going to look on the Bahamas tourism site to see if I can find anything and I will let you know!

I have read several reviews that said the salon opened up early for the bridal party. I am also very nervous about this...I hope they are skilled enough to do what I would like with my hair. It is nothing crazy, but I hope they are skilled with up-do's. From what I have read from other posts, you cannot make an appointment prior to sailing. Past brides have said this was the first stop once they boarded the ship, which is my plan! It will be just two of us getting our hair done, so hopefully we do not have to be there crazy early. As far as make-up, I have heard some ship's have people in the salon to do make-up and some done not. Maybe the wedding planner's can tell us that. I have not asked yet though.

• 9 months later...

Archived