Pre Cruise Accommodation In Venice

Would welcome any recommendations for reasonabily priced hotel accommodation in Venice. This is for September '08. Let's just hope that the NZ dollars doesn't bottom out between now and then, each Euro is about NZ$2 at present.

Thanks

John

Would welcome any recommendations for reasonabily priced hotel accommodation in Venice. This is for September '08. Let's just hope that the NZ dollars doesn't bottom out between now and then, each Euro is about NZ$2 at present. Thanks John

You might get more responses over on the ports boards. But my recommendation is to look at and consider Mestre. It is about a 15 min / 1 euro each way ride and drops you right at the canal. We stayed in Mestre post cruise for three nights and just rode the train in each day. It was significantly cheaper staying there. ;)

kiwi sailor,

I do sympathize. The US dollar isn't quite at 2 to 1 (yet anyway), but it does leave a bad taste in your mouth when looking for hotels in Europe.

I was first looking at Mestra, but the hotels there are getting high too, so decided on this hotel at Piazzale Roma. The bus to the airport and the shuttle to pier, and the vapporetto stop are all Piazzale Roma, so think it will be really convenient.

http://www.cadoge.it/

The price wasn't quite as low as I wanted, but the best I could do for a 3* hotel in Venice.

Good Luck, and have a great trip!

Would welcome any recommendations for reasonabily priced hotel accommodation in Venice. This is for September '08. Let's just hope that the NZ dollars doesn't bottom out between now and then, each Euro is about NZ$2 at present.

Thanks

John

"Reasonable" is a relative concept...

Last summer, we stayed in this one:

http://anastasia.hotelinvenice.com/main_en.htm?source=

A very nice little 17-room boutique hotel right off Piazza San Marco, convenient to the Valaresso Vaporetti Station...

Cost us only 130 euro per night including breakfast...(booked a double standard, but they gave us a courtyard view)

I looked up September 2008 and they're charging between 210 and 250, depending on the dates...(July and August is 130-150, rates go up in September)

Archived