The Norwegian Crown

tuffy88

Does anyone know when the Norwegian Crown will begin cruising with Fred Olson? And where it will cruise? I cruised on it before Olson acquired it and would like to try it again with the new owners.

Charles

The renamed Balmoral starts it's first cruise for Fred Olsen on 30th January 08 from Dover, England. The Balmoral will then be in the caribbean until April when it will transfer to the Med for 2 months.

The Balmoral is sailing in the Caribbean this winter. We are on her from Dover to Miami 2/13 and then she sails out of Miami to several Caribbean ports and back to Miami. Go on Fred.Olsen's website and you'll find the sailings. We're also sailing on her 3/3 out of Miami to St. Kitts, St. Barts, Antigua, Tortola --

Sorry tuffy...I thought you meant the winter coming up ! :confused: Her first sailing from Miami is not until March 3rd, when she has 4 sailings around the Caribbean. She returns to England in April and has no more Caribbean cruises in 2008. Fred Olsen's Braemar and Boudicaa will be based in the Caribbean winter 2008/9. :)

Does anyone know when the Norwegian Crown will begin cruising with Fred Olson? And where it will cruise? I cruised on it before Olson acquired it and would like to try it again with the new owners.

Charles

Why o why would you want to go on the Norwegian crown ever again? It's the wost ship we ever sailed on. Fred.Olson have enlarged it I think it's the Balmoral,have look on their web site.

Guest Anorak33
Why o why would you want to go on the Norwegian crown ever again? It's the wost ship we ever sailed on. Fred.Olson have enlarged it I think it's the Balmoral,have look on their web site.

Could you please expand on your statement that this is the worst ship you ever sailed on?

Was it the food?

the service?

the size of cabin?

or what?

How many days/hours cancellation notice did FO give? We're scheduled on the 2/13 cruise but are leaving the afternoon of 2/11 to fly in a day early. If they cancel this cruise we prefer not to leave the US since we have a one-way ticket to England. And how did you receive notice - telephone? Mail? Thanks so much!

I received a phone call from my TA at 4:30pm on the Monday, the cruise was on Wednesday. It was almost 48 hours notice. We were due to go down the night before, so it was cutting it fine.

I have been informed that the next cruise is to depart as scheduled.

I know the ship is scheduled to sail and I'm planning on that. Here in the US all TAs must go through a specific travel broker for FO so info can get delayed going through two parties to reach us. I think I'll call our TA next week and ask them to contact FO Mon am before we leave for the airport to double check. Thanks for the info -- we just hope we won't be disappointed like you were. Have you found another trip?

I have not received any tickets yet for the 18th on Balmoral although I was told last week that they were being prepared. My post is rather eratic as the postman can not get in through the electric gates if no-one is in.

If they do not arrive to-morrow, perhaps I will 'phone Fred Olsen to see what the position is

I have been looking at alternatives just in case.

Anyone who missed out on 30th might find there is still room on the 13th. February cruise. There were some good offers. My booking is through Reader Offers and I am booked to get on 18th February in Teneriffe. This trip has charter flights involved so I imagine they will do their best to leave.

We have had a lovely sunny day in Southampton to-day but I need warmer sun!

Maureen

I have been to a cruise show today and spoke to the Fred Olsen Rep. She told me that the reason for the cancellation of the inaugural cruise was an electrical one. It could not be repaired in time for the first sailing. However it is expected to be sorted this weekend and the next cruise will depart as scheduled. In fact she tried to get me to book to go on it.

Looks like the 13 February departure will be from Southampton; the ship sailed there overnight last night and is due to remain until departure. More sheltered berth than at Dover and more shipyard assets avilable as they work to get the new and the old sections of the vessel talking to each other (electrically speaking).

Mike

Looks like the 13 February departure will be from Southampton; the ship sailed there overnight last night and is due to remain until departure. More sheltered berth than at Dover and more shipyard assets avilable as they work to get the new and the old sections of the vessel talking to each other (electrically speaking).

Mike

Where did you learn this? We are on this ship and haven't been notified. We're flying in a day early and had reservations to stay overnight in Dover -- would like to know if you are sure it is going to sail from Southhampton, not just in that dock until they move her back to Dover for sailing -- Thanks.

Archived