Passport required for Ensenada trip??

CoronaCRZR

We'll be doing a quick 3 day cruise from LA to Ensenada this October.

My daughter & Son in law do not have passports.

Will they need a passport for this type of trip??

No. A government issued photo ID such as a DL and their birth certificate should work.

(from the Princess website)

US citizens traveling on U.S. roundtrip or “closed-loop” voyages may also travel with an original certified birth certificate presented together with a valid government-issued photo identification. These voyages include:

•Alaska roundtrip from San Francisco or Seattle (roundtrip Seattle cruisetours excluded)

•Canada/New England roundtrip from New York

•Caribbean roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale^, New York or San Juan

•Hawaii roundtrip from Los Angeles and San Francisco

Mexico roundtrip from Los Angeles or San Francisco

We'll be doing a quick 3 day cruise from LA to Ensenada this October.

My daughter & Son in law do not have passports.

Will they need a passport for this type of trip??

Another idea is for them to get passport cards if they are going to be doing more of these kinds of cruises. They cost $50.00 (much less than a regular passport) and are good for 10 years. They are easier to carry around than a birth certificate, at least IMHO (they are the size of a driver's license).

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

"The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air."

Thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated.

I think the birth certificate is going to have to do this time around. Found out that a simple passport is now up to $150.:(

I know I got mine for only $60 a number of years ago......

Another warning. My birth certificate has my maiden name on it. That with a drivers license didn't work for me(not the same last name). Had to have my marriage certificate too. I think I even had to have a notary sign some kind of affidavit. This wasn't on a Princess cruise . I would just get the passport, so much easier to travel.

Another warning. My birth certificate has my maiden name on it. That with a drivers license didn't work for me(not the same last name). Had to have my marriage certificate too. I think I even had to have a notary sign some kind of affidavit. This wasn't on a Princess cruise . I would just get the passport, so much easier to travel.

I am glad you brought this up. Many never think about it. When I was assigned to Panama to work, we had to have our marriage license, with seal, in order for my wife to immigrate.

They expect everything to be exactly the same or be able to prove it.

Archived