Recent reviews of Royal Palms?

sh1955

My party of 7 is cruising in February 2015, I would like to get an update on the Royal Palms in the Grand Caymans. Anyone been there recently? Did you rent a cabana? Food/drink prices? Tell me about your day at the Royal Palms. Thanks!

if November is recent enough here you go. my wife and I went with three other folks we met on the ship. we did not rent a cabana, however my wife had been in April on a girls only cruise and did. we didn't miss it as we got a table next to the pool with a large umbrella. the pool is small but nice and has a swim up bar. we don't drink but had some virgin frozen drinks. they were decent size and something like 5 bucks. a couple we were with had lunch, fish and chips as I recall, and they said it was very good. I remember it being like 25 bucks for the two of them.

the beach and water are stunningly beautiful just like most all of GC. we had a great time but make no mistake GC is not a cheap stop. we ate a big breakfast on the ship and didn't find it necessary to eat before we returned. its a very nice resort and you can spend as much or as little as you want.

We went in October. My brother & his wife were on another ship stopping at GC on the same day. We met up at Royal Palms. We rented a cabana. I have to say that the place was packed. There were a lot of people there and the music was quite loud. Long lines for the bathrooms, half of which were out of service. The beach was great. The food was great, but quite expensive for drinks and food. We probably didn't need to rent the cabana and we were one of the only ones with a cabana. With the cost of the cabana, the food and drinks, we spent quite of bit of money. I don't know if I would go there again.

We are headed there in a couple weeks. Hope I made the right choice. Did rent a cabana... will eat large breakfast. Did you see any place to rent a stand up paddle board?

Hi,

we are heading to Royal Palms in May. Can you tell me how much the taxi cost is each way and anything else we might want to know once you get back? My mom needs shade, is there adequate shade? Is it a long walk from where the taxi's drop you off? Thanks!

Hi,

we are heading to Royal Palms in May. Can you tell me how much the taxi cost is each way and anything else we might want to know once you get back? My mom needs shade, is there adequate shade? Is it a long walk from where the taxi's drop you off? Thanks!

No problem I will report back.

I was at the Palms a week ago today...I'm now in snowy Toronto.

Here is my review.

Within weeks of booking our cruise I had booked a cabana at Royal Palms. The reviews read made it sound amazing however as we got closer to the sail date some reviews turned negative and got me worried. I shouldn’t have worried. The Royal Palms is so close to the tender terminal but still far enough away to make you feel that you’re not swimming right next to a harbour. The Palms is a very nice facility we were greeted by security and told to speak to a staff member at the restaurant to get our cabana. There are six really nice cabanas which are now a little more luxurious compared to the 12x12 event tents I had previously seen in photos online. They had nicely painted (actually stained) wooden frames and sheer curtains for privacy. The whole cabana area is sectioned off so all cabana guests share a very nice and large piece of the beach. This section off area has a private walk through to both the beach and the bar/restaurant. Each cabana has its own table and four chairs as well as two to four loungers. The sand was smooth and soft and the cabana area was a great place for the little ones to play and for us to relax knowing they wouldn’t be stepped on. The rest of the beach at Royal Palms was quite busy that day so having a cabana was the right choice for our needs. We ordered buckets of CayBrew which is the local beer as well we ordered a massive platter of food. I can’t even remember all that was on that platter but the wings were amazing. The washroom and shower facilities were as advertised. The showers are outdoors so these are more or less rinsing stations. Change rooms are in the washroom area but are legit change rooms (2 in the mens). The pool area is adults only and on the day we were there it got a little rowdy. That said; our cabana was on the other side of the Palms and while we could hear the music the DJ was playing it was never bothersome. The beaches in Grand Cayman while wavy are our favourite, the sand is so white and soft and the water is the nicest turquoise we’ve ever seen. We would go back to the Palms in a heartbeat at this stage with our little one but would need to consider someplace else when she gets to that age where she needs water toys.

Hope this helps.

We had a wonderful day at Royal Palms on Friday, January 16. We took a taxi (really a shared van) for the posted rate of $4 per person, which dropped us off at the entrance where we paid $2 each for admission. Not interested in eating, drinking or loud music, we walked down to the beach and rented the large $15 umbrella (I am very fair) and two chaises at $7 each.

We were offered loungers directly in front of the bar area first but asked for a less crowded spot about 20 yards further up the beach. No problem; the water was perfect. We used the showers and changing rooms before we left.

We ate a large breakfast onboard our ship first and brought our own water bottles from the ship with us. The next day we went to the all-inclusive Nachi Cocum on Cozumel for the day. The drinks, food and service were fabulous there but the water and atmosphere on gorgeous Seven Mile Beach are tops IMO.

Hey anyone that has posted a recent review. Is there any chance you could post a picture of the Cabana. I'm torn about renting one or just getting the umbrella on the beach. There will be four of us. Thanks in advance. My email is wurm64@yahoo.com if you would like to message me or send the picture.

• 3 months later...

We visited Royal Palms after our wonderful tour with Stingray City United since we had more than enough time before our ship was scheduled to leave and we had a great time there. The beach is beautiful and it was not crowded at all. We were able to get lounge chairs and some nice drinks while we kept an eye on our boys having from. Between our tour with Stingray City United and Royal Palms we had a wonderful time in Grand Cayman.

what i meant was,if you book a cabana that comes with 4 loungers,do you get umbrellas with them, or do you have to rent them? sorry for the confusion:rolleyes:

I think it's only the items they list on the cabana page of the website, but since they talk about being able to rent extra loungers I'm sure you could also rent umbrellas as an add-on.

Edited by bookbabe

• 2 weeks later...
See cabana pic below. Beach and water entry is very nice and sandy. [ATTACH]340316[/ATTACH]

The Cabana in this photo looks awfully small? Was it shaded in the cabana? None of us want to be in the sun too long. Did you feel like you had privacy away from the other cabanas next to you? How far was the swim up adult pool from the cabana area? Thank you!

We fit six of us comfortably in the cabana. That included two little ones and all that they come with (strollers) and more. You get four chairs and two loungers out front. If you want a semi private space away from the larger crowds then for sure get a cabana. The adult pool is a 30 second walk past the main bar. When we were there it was quite a party crowd there but not obnoxious at all. We enjoyed a great day at the palms.