Hotel Near Water Taxi Access

buckeyecruisers

We are coming in a day early for cruise, getting in early enough to have a day of exploring. We have heard that the water taxi is great experience would like to get a hotel not to far from a pickup point. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have heard that Hyatt Convention center might work.

A little reading on this board, and the Water Taxi website, here:

http://watertaxi.com/

would find a stop at the Hilton Marina, as well as several other hotels further from the port. Hyatt Convention Center works, as does just about any hotel on 17th St (Embassy suites, for example) as long as you don't have any mobility restrictions, as those hotels are up to 5 blocks from the watertaxi stop at the Hilton.

Renaissance, Hilton Marina, Bahia Mar Doubletree, B Ocean, Riverside Hotel, and Gallery One Doubletree are some of the closest decent hotels.

Hyatt Place Convention Center is close to a mile from the closest stop. The Hyatt Pier 66 stop was closed but may have reopened.

I've been to the website however, not being a resident, it is hard to plan a day using the water taxi. We would like to get the day pass, see Las Olas, have lunch somewhere, shop, get to the beach and then dinner somewhere on the water.

Having a tough time planning the itinerary that would work. Any good ideas?:confused:

Gallery One was booked for our stay, looking at the other recommendations. Thanks all that suggested.

Hi from Fred and Fran -- unfortunately for us, I had Pricelined the hotel thinking we were getting the Riverside on Las Olas Boulevard. We got the Crowne Plaza Hotel Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise hotel. Riverside was wonderful. Check trip advisor. Last time we had a tower room with a wonderful view of the water way. Small pool area, great location. Old fashioned, gracious hotel.

So sorry we could not get with you folks at the late dining onboard. By the time I replied, all spots were taken. If two open up, please include us!

Gallery One was booked for our stay, looking at the other recommendations. Thanks all that suggested.

You made the right choice. Not only is the Water Taxi stop at the hotel, the Galleria Mall is next door and there is a Publix across the street from the mall. Also the rooms are suites and customer service at the hotel is excellent.

Hi from Fred and Fran -- unfortunately for us, I had Pricelined the hotel thinking we were getting the Riverside on Las Olas Boulevard. We got the Crowne Plaza Hotel Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise hotel. Riverside was wonderful. Check trip advisor. Last time we had a tower room with a wonderful view of the water way. Small pool area, great location. Old fashioned, gracious hotel.

So sorry we could not get with you folks at the late dining onboard. By the time I replied, all spots were taken. If two open up, please include us!

Fred, Fran

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza last fall and were pleased with the hotel, and may end up back there because Galleria was booked. We are looking at doing Thursday on the water taxi also. I'm sure we can hook up for at least part of the day. As far as dining option I'll check if they do a 12 person table, or maybe we can arrange to have a second table going.

Fred, Fran

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza last fall and were pleased with the hotel, and may end up back there because Galleria was booked. We are looking at doing Thursday on the water taxi also. I'm sure we can hook up for at least part of the day. As far as dining option I'll check if they do a 12 person table, or maybe we can arrange to have a second table going.

Hi-- happy to hear from you! We would love to meet you both. Would be great to join you onboard as well either at a table or the new second table.

Let us know if you are at the same hotel. We get there on Wednesday

Fred and Fran,

Spoke to Celebrity tonight, about a possible 12 person table, they said they don't do 12's 10 is the max, but they would arrange a second table adjacent. If anyone cancels you guys are first on the list.

Just booked the Holiday Inn Express on 17th st, let's get together for some water taxi time on Thursday.

Joe and MaryAnn

Fred and Fran,

Spoke to Celebrity tonight, about a possible 12 person table, they said they don't do 12's 10 is the max, but they would arrange a second table adjacent. If anyone cancels you guys are first on the list.

Just booked the Holiday Inn Express on 17th st, let's get together for some water taxi time on Thursday.

Joe and MaryAnn

Thanks for trying! I would think we could get a second table going with this group :). Anyway, my email is franlowy@comcast.net to finalize any arrangements. Will be nice to meet folks from Ohio as we lived in Hilliard, Ohio, outside of Columbus, Ohio when Fred worked for CompuServe.