Balcony dividers

I have been told no, in the past on Freedom since they are not secured in an open position..... But maybe that was an excuse???

Interesting, as being told that would imply that they at least can be opened. Maybe it was an excuse as you indicate.

I hope they can. I have 5 adjacent balcony rooms in Indy for Nov. 23

We were just on Indy in March and - although we did not have adjacent rooms with anyone we knew - the dividers were of a type that could be opened. My thoughts that all Freedom class ships would be similar with this is based on that experience and other posts I've read indicating they could be opened on Freedom.

Ask.

On Freedom in February, 2012, we were told "sorry...the Captain won't allow it".

On Freedom in July, 2012, we were told "sure- no problem" and all THREE balcony doors were opened.

Different captain, different answer.

Note that the OP is asking about aft balconies in particular. Don't know if that makes a difference.
I did not think that the aft facing cabins balconies have doors that open to the next door balconies.At least not on deck 10 where I have been.
I was wondering the same thing about the 7th deck aft cabins on the Explorer.

AFT balconies on Voyager and Freedom class ships have fixed dividers which cannot be opened.

The other responses on this thread apply to side facing balconies, which can be opened, but it's up to the discretion of the Captain whether or not he will allow them to be opened on that particular sailing. Usually on Freedom, it is allowed.

I was wondering if the balcony dividers can open up between aft balconies, specifically 9404 & 9406 on Freedom of the Seas?

Despite some of the answers so far on this thread, the answer is no. They do not open between those 2 rooms.

I do not believe any balconys on Explorer can be opened - am I wrong?:confused:

No, you are correct, balconies on the first gen Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure) cannot be opened at all.

I do not believe any balconys on Explorer can be opened - am I wrong?:confused:

The side cabin balconies on the Explorer are constructed from steel so there are no glass partitions to separate them. The aft balconies have glass dividers between them so my question is, can they be opened? If not, it's not going to ruin my cruising experience. Just curious. We have relatives in the cabin next to us. I see Hammer52 had an aft cabin on the Explorer, I'm sure he would have the answer to my question.

The side cabin balconies on the Explorer are constructed from steel so there are no glass partitions to separate them. The aft balconies have glass dividers between them so my question is, can they be opened? If not, it's not going to ruin my cruising experience. Just curious. We have relatives in the cabin next to us. I see Hammer52 had an aft cabin on the Explorer, I'm sure he would have the answer to my question.

Athough the side balconies are within the hull, most still do have glass dividers on one side. However, like said, they do not open. Same goes for the aft. I have stayed in an aft balcony on EOS and my divider was a solid, opaque, glass wall that did not open.

What was really kind of strange to me was one time our friends had the JS -1694 and we booked the connecting cabin - 1962 on the Voyager of the Seas. Even though they were connecting cabins , there was a solid steel wall between the balconies that stuck out so far that we could see them or talk to them when we were on or balconies. We had to go to one or the other balcony to sit and talk??

Ask.

On Freedom in February, 2012, we were told "sorry...the Captain won't allow it".

On Freedom in July, 2012, we were told "sure- no problem" and all THREE balcony doors were opened.

Different captain, different answer.

I didn't think the Captain would have time to micro-manage the balcony doors.

Wouldn't he be too busy making sure that there are equal amounts of blueberries in the muffins or in the bar watering down the vodka..

Archived