Day before

Am trying to get correct information about Day before check in at Gatwick for Caribbean Cruise on the Dream. A couple of years ago this was not allowed but Thomson's info now say only not allowable if travelling to Lapland ? We are flying from Edinburgh and staying overnight in Gatwick. Checking in luggage day before means a lot less lugging of cases but very much determines what I have to pack in overnight case. Anyone who has been this year and tried ? Thanks

thomsons quote this in their faq

'Cruise holidays

You can drop off your luggage the day before if you're going on a cruise holiday, except when you're flying out to join a Thomson Cruise in the Caribbean, Sharm El Sheikh or Malaga - Costa del Sol. This is due to luggage and medical screening requirements.'

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I found out the hard way when I thought I could check in the day before at Birmingham for our 20th Jan flight to Montego Bay. I left Ray in the hotel and wheeled the 2 big cases and hand luggage, one a rucksack on my back to find I couldn't check in the day before. I found a trolley and wheeled it back to the hotel and kept it all in the room overnight!! No problems checking in on 20th by myself, then taking a wheelchair over to pick Ray up and take him over. I could laugh about it after.

Hi Gill, which hotel did you stay in at Birmingham airport?, we've booked the Etap, on the airport concourse, got a pretty good deal, seems cheap and cheerful, any comments, Dougie.

We have used Birmingham Etap every time we fly from there and had no problems. It ticks the boxes for the one night stay, and we do get extra pillows if we need them.