Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

The dress was beautiful and fit me well. HOWEVER, it wasn't until I tried it on that I remembered that I will be pushing a wheelchair on my upcoming cruise. I can see how easily this long dress (which will have to be altered, if I keep it) could quickly get caught on the wheels of the wheelchair, or trip me up by wrapping around my legs. There's not much time left to decide to keep it or not. I wasn't thinking <sigh>

The dress was beautiful and fit me well. HOWEVER, it wasn't until I tried it on that I remembered that I will be pushing a wheelchair on my upcoming cruise. I can see how easily this long dress (which will have to be altered, if I keep it) could quickly get caught on the wheels of the wheelchair, or trip me up by wrapping around my legs. There's not much time left to decide to keep it or not. I wasn't thinking <sigh>

It would be a shame if you have to send this beautiful dress back. I think in your situation I would plan to wear a flat or very low heel. It would give you more stability when pushing the wheel chair. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

• 9 months later...

Welcome back Marie. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Will be wearing the "red dress" you sent me on our nx cruise in Oct. ! Will try to remember to post a picture.

Look forward to hearing about your River cruise & what you thought of it. Take care. :D

Wow! This thread has been very quite! We are getting ready for our first River Cuisse. Oh no! I forgot how to post a picture from my computer. Have to go back to my iPad :-)

Happy cruising

Marie

Hi Marie:) so nice to see you. I know you always look lovely and I wanted to make sure you know that River Cruises are MUCH more casual than ocean cruises. Of course you can dress up but most River cruises are very port intensive and after being out all day, most folks don't dress up. I took my first river cruise back in 2016 and will be going on my 2nd one next year:D (hopefully).

Welcome back Marie.

We have all missed you on here but have thoroughly enjoyed your adventures on Social Media.

When is your River cruise? Where will you be off to this time?

Have a great day,

Gerry

Thank you Gerry.

June 29 to July 3rd Las Vegas for my Birthday

July 7 to 23 River Cruise Start in Budapest and end in Prague

August 7 to 23 Viet Nam and Hong Kong

September Paris, still working on the dates

October 10 to November 17 New Delhi, Taj Mahal, Nepal, Sri Lanka

January 11 180 Day Around The World.

We are traveling with the gang.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Marie:) so nice to see you. I know you always look lovely and I wanted to make sure you know that River Cruises are MUCH more casual than ocean cruises. Of course you can dress up but most River cruises are very port intensive and after being out all day, most folks don't dress up. I took my first river cruise back in 2016 and will be going on my 2nd one next year:D (hopefully).

Hi Lois,

No fancy dress for the river cruise, just some cute summer dresses I got at Saks.

We are traveling with our group of friends. It’s our first river cruise, we are very excited.

Hope you are doing well. Where to next?

Take care

Marie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm posting this question for my wife. Next August we are planning to attend the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. We will have seats in the Royal Gallery and attend the reception following the program.

From what I've read, there is a "formal" dress code for those who purchase this particular excursion package. We have no problem with that as we both enjoy dressing up.

My wife was hoping to see some pictures of what you wore, or perhaps you can describe what you wore and saw the other ladies wearing.

I've searched Cruise Critic and the internet but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello everyone! I'm posting this question for my wife. Next August we are planning to attend the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. We will have seats in the Royal Gallery and attend the reception following the program.

From what I've read, there is a "formal" dress code for those who purchase this particular excursion package. We have no problem with that as we both enjoy dressing up.

My wife was hoping to see some pictures of what you wore, or perhaps you can describe what you wore and saw the other ladies wearing.

I've searched Cruise Critic and the internet but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know if this helps.

https://www.edintattoo.co.uk/hospitality/frequently-asked-questions/

Yes, I had seen that information previously. I appreciate your taking the time to reply.

I was hoping to get some ideas for my wife from ladies who have actually attended the Tattoo and had purchased the Royal Gallery and Reception package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Just picked up this beauty in black...then found it at JCPenney in 2 prints & navy...we shall see when they come.

I am NOT a dress person, BUT this is SUPER comfy & SUPER flattering. Dress it up or down, and will pack beautifully.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/msk-sleeveless-shift-dress-plus/ppr5007616628?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=msk&productGridView=medium&N=418%204294923943&selectedSKUId=22447940034&facetSelected=size

ppr5007616628?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=msk&productGridView=medium&N=418%204294923943&selectedSKUId=22447940034&facetSelected=size

1527434552_ScreenShot2018-07-13at8_42_43AM.png.802b04f131bc482a75fed55969ff41ee.png

Just picked up this beauty in black...then found it at JCPenney in 2 prints & navy...we shall see when they come.

I am NOT a dress person, BUT this is SUPER comfy & SUPER flattering. Dress it up or down, and will pack beautifully.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/msk-sleeveless-shift-dress-plus/ppr5007616628?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=msk&productGridView=medium&N=418%204294923943&selectedSKUId=22447940034&facetSelected=size

ppr5007616628?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=msk&productGridView=medium&N=418%204294923943&selectedSKUId=22447940034&facetSelected=size

Great idea. I’ll show it to my wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Very nice. Looks like a style that would be very flattering

on a lot of different people. What do the prints look like?

Pretty dress KKB. That does look like it will pack nice.

I found the dress yesterday at Nordstrom Rack for $23. I would love to hear what you ladies think of it. I really love the way it fits, and since it's a petite size it doesn't need alterations. Red is a little outside of my comfort zone though but I'm try to branch out beyond neutrals, and I did think the shade was flattering.

eliza-j-womens-one-shoulder-lace-sheath-regular-and-petite-red-12

Pretty dress KKB. That does look like it will pack nice.

I found the dress yesterday at Nordstrom Rack for $23. I would love to hear what you ladies think of it. I really love the way it fits, and since it's a petite size it doesn't need alterations. Red is a little outside of my comfort zone though but I'm try to branch out beyond neutrals, and I did think the shade was flattering.

eliza-j-womens-one-shoulder-lace-sheath-regular-and-petite-red-12

LOVE it.

I wore a low cut fitted red dress a few years ago--it garnered me lots of attention. (not inappropriate)--red says "Look at me"!

I still love red...but my body isn't as fond of it these days!

Very nice. Looks like a style that would be very flattering

on a lot of different people. What do the prints look like?

SHOOT having issues with attachments today...worked fine yesterday. (edit--OH, one showed up!)

Here's the URLs.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/msk-sleeveless-polka-dot-shift-dress-plus/ppr5007646588?pTmplType=regular

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/msk-sleeveless-paisley-shift-dress-plus/ppr5007646579?pTmplType=regular

I'm not sure I will like the prints as well, but I'm the type when I find an item that fits & flatters well, I tend to buy it in every color...

Now, I have bought 2 casual dresses in the last year that have not been worn once...I tend to gravitate to capris/slacks. And I need Spanx under a dress to feel comfortable which adds warmth. Menopause has not been friendly between hot flashes & the extra pounds! BUT trying to own it these days...luckily DH loves me just the way I am!

50038342_ScreenShot2018-07-14at11_01_02AM.png.37dc1e85389043e4e126cba750de61ad.png

KKN- I really like the prints for a cruise. The navy one feels a little nautical to me, and the other one is nice and bright if you are on a Caribbean cruise.

Thank you all for the feedback on the red dress. I really like the fit. I think until this dress I maybe had 1 red sweater in my closet so I'm trying to get over my fear of the color.

I had bought another dress off ebay that was delivered today for some reason, not sure why on a Sunday but anyway I love it. The necklace part is adjustable so that helps with the fit up top.

_100328943.jpg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&w=780&h=1197

KKN- I really like the prints for a cruise. The navy one feels a little nautical to me, and the other one is nice and bright if you are on a Caribbean cruise.

Thank you all for the feedback on the red dress. I really like the fit. I think until this dress I maybe had 1 red sweater in my closet so I'm trying to get over my fear of the color.

I had bought another dress off ebay that was delivered today for some reason, not sure why on a Sunday but anyway I love it. The necklace part is adjustable so that helps with the fit up top.

_100328943.jpg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&w=780&h=1197

I just love the dress and the color.