No more dialysis cruises on HAL

jarobinstx

My husband recently needed to switch from peritoneal dialysis to hemodialysis. We found on a number of cruise boards that HAL used to offer dialysis cruises. We are very disappointed to find out they have discontinued doing this. Our personal cruise consultant said it took "too much space on board." As 4-star Mariners that have cruised every year with HAL, we now kiss them goodbye forever. Why do we feel sad that this is something we have lost, while they could care less?

Here are the companies that remain dialysis friendly:

www.dialysisatsea.com has cruises with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean

www.dialysiswhilecruising.com partners with MSC

I had to start hemodialysis a few months ago and had to cancel our 30th anniversary cruise with HAL. It is too bad because HAL is one of our favorite lines. I don't think we will be cruising much anymore given the cost of dialysis on the ships.

• 3 weeks later...

When my dad was living he did dialysis in Cozumel and twice(2 different years) in Grand Cayman. We had to pay out of pocket. I don't know where you're cruising. Also, we were blessed the ships docked as acheduled.

I think relying on dialysis during a shore visit is pretty risky. I think we have missed Grand Cayman twice because of wind/waves for instance. I think we will now move to finding dialysis centers on land vacations.

• 2 weeks later...
I think relying on dialysis during a shore visit is pretty risky. I think we have missed Grand Cayman twice because of wind/waves for instance. I think we will now move to finding dialysis centers on land vacations.

We had to provide backup poits in case we weren't able to dock.

We’ve cruised several times with hemodialysis, booked through DialysisAtSea. Wonderful experiences both on RCCL and Celebrity. Dialysis was done in medical dept using the same machines DH has at our center. [emoji106][emoji106] First come-first served for times. He always picked 10am because worked best for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums