Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I was so sure one of the twins was going home last night & was disappointed when it didn't happen!:( I'm getting so tired of them just seeing a snippet of their interaction, so can only imagine how the other designers are feeling!! I thought for sure after the little discussion it would be bye bye to one of them. Are they keeping them around for drama I wonder?

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Well, that would be one way to keep people watching the show.

Laura

I knew Kentaro was the winner as soon as his model walked out (and she was the first one). Did you hear that gasp? The judges were blown away. Best outfit of the season.

Amy's and Shawn's looks would both be great on a cruise.

I just really love Brandon's esthetic. If I could afford it, he would be making all my clothes.

I was rather sad to see Samantha go. I thought the amount of work would save her.

Claire and Shawn need to establish some boundaries. Could that little judge discussion have been the "cheating" that has been teased? I never saw the teaser.

Also, I'm glad the drama has diminished this season. It's basically just the twins racing about like headless chickens. No real diva behavior. But I only watch for the design process and the clothes.

I think Brandon is a talented designer and a very nice young man. He's probably my favorite contestant, but I would NOT want anything I wear dragging on the streets like those side ties did. Nope... I've seen too many sickly looking people spitting out disgusting stuff onto the sidewalks to ever want to wear that germy garment on my body or into my home. My shoes barely make it in my front door!

I get that it was a runway show, so hopefully streetwear would be trimmed a little off the ground. (Speaking of filth, I also see young women in maxi dresses that drag the ground. Yuck!) Maybe I'm becoming a germaphobe in my old age!!!;p

I think Margarita's white pants were pretty awful. Zac said he was uncomfortable about the fit, but that poor girl with a big wedgie was the one that should have been the most uncomfortable!!! Ouch!!! The cinched legs with tennis shoes was a bad choice and someone else was right that the model was thrown under the bus when the judges began critiquing! :rolleyes:

OK, rant over.... sorry...

I think Brandon is a talented designer and a very nice young man. He's probably my favorite contestant, but I would NOT want anything I wear dragging on the streets like those side ties did.

I think Margarita's white pants were pretty awful. Zac said he was uncomfortable about the fit, but that poor girl with a big wedgie was the one that should have been the most uncomfortable!!! Ouch!!! The cinched legs with tennis shoes was a bad choice and someone else was right that the model was thrown under the bus when the judges began critiquing! :rolleyes:

OK, rant over.... sorry...

I looked at that outfit again. I would have to tie knots in those streamers. I think that would be in keeping with his design. heh heh

Which one had the wedgie?

Hi all!

Very interesting discussion! I wonder when that scene we saw about cheating will be shown. We haven't had much drama this season.;)

What's going to happen to the twins when one leaves? Will the other be able to manage alone?

I'm in Canada & after Project Runway, a show about a Canadian woman living in France & cooking comes on. Does it also in the States?

Looking forward to Thursday's show which I won't be watching 'til Friday since I'm going to my sister's cottage for a few days.

Is the cooking show you're referring to called "UpRooted"? We used to get it on Direct TV, but it isn't shown anymore. It was good and I learned a lot from it.

BTW, didn't Zac Posen say last week about the twins helping each other, "This has got to stop" or words to that effect?

Hi all!

5326jan ~ yikes, that looks uncomfortable!:eek:

Steirisch ~ yes, that's the name of the show following PR here. I'm really enjoying it. That's quite the place they were living in.

I hope Zac said that it has to stop & hope it does soon! What a commotion they make for the other people around them.

Looking forward to Thursday as usual but first there's DWTS tonight, Anybody watch it?

BTW, didn't Zac Posen say last week about the twins helping each other, "This has got to stop" or words to that effect?

Perhaps they'll address it this week? One can only hope. I think Shawn's shortcomings lie in the execution and Claire's in the design. Or at least that's how it appears to me. If they are "separated" and not able to confer, it should be interesting. I have a suspicion that if one goes the other will follow soon after. If not, it will be because the weakest link (whichever that is) was holding the other back.

While Nina Garcia may have the occasional fashion faux-pas, she is much better dressed (from a fashion point of view) than Heidi 10 times out of 10....

I can only assume that, given her position and visibility, she probably has to promote some specific designer or look from time to time. Most of the time she is very well put together in a casual but elegant way that really appeals to me.

Note to Heidi -- you don't need to show so much skin to be sexy. :rolleyes:

Hi all!

Wow, just finished watching the show & can hardly wait until next week!!

Apparently there is a Timm Gunn save so I wonder why he didn't save the designer last week.

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

That was an interesting ending.;)

Has there been a season since Tim Gunn got the "save" that he didn't use it?

HI all!

That's funny, I replied to this thread last night but no message here!

SeagoingMom ~ I think next week we'll be saying bye bye to one of the twins & also seeing the long awaited (by me) drama!!

Scrapnana ~ that's a good question. Sorry, I don't remember if Tim never used the save or not.

I'm looking forward to seeing the winning designers' collections for sure!

See you next week! Have a nice weekend.

Well, one of the twins will be going, unless Tim uses his save. I can't imagine why he would use it for either one of them. Pretty sure it would make for some unhappy fellow competitors. I imagine they would likely want it used on anyone BUT one of the twins!

Neither of the twins deserve Tim using his save. Was hoping they would both go home! So annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I was watching the show I really got the feeling the judges would send both of them home. I was disappointed when it didn't happen.

There has been at least one season where Tim did not use his save, but I cannot remember the circumstances.

There's no way he would use it on the twins as I think they irritate/frustrate him.

That winning dress was brilliant, but far too nice for the Project Runway JC Penney collection (as shown during a commercial in the show). If the pinstripe dress hadn't been so fantastic the boys would have won. While I really liked the burgundy suit dress concept, execution lacked somewhat.

I never watch "coming up/next week on..." segments. There's a FF for that. heh heh. However, with one hour to create something, one or both of the twins might have a meltdown and just throw in the towel. Personally, I would rather see Shawn stay. I prefer her designs by a slight margin. I mean, that ruffle Claire put at the sleeve? Really? Shawn's outfit was a hot mess of construction but the design thinking behind it wasn't quite as flawed.

Interesting how Kenya and Amy were all happy with their partnership -- until they weren't. It can't be that little v-neck tank that did it, can it? Does not compute.

I think Kenya and Amy were both thinking (consciously or not) "typical JC Penney customer circa 1990's", not the demographic that JCP probably wants to re-brand themselves to. Too "safe". I'm glad they didn't go home over it. Had they just ignored that thinking and stuck to their normal design aesthetics, they would probably have done better, and had less friction between them, as well.

I think Kenya and Amy were both thinking (consciously or not) "typical JC Penney customer circa 1990's", not the demographic that JCP probably wants to re-brand themselves to. Too "safe". I'm glad they didn't go home over it. Had they just ignored that thinking and stuck to their normal design aesthetics, they would probably have done better, and had less friction between them, as well.

I believe you're right.

Penney's definitely want to go for a younger demo with this collection: http://www.jcpenney.com/g/project-runway-women/N-bwo3xZ1z0llxt?UsrSeg=8mofh2

They made the gingham dress all one length, btw, which isn't as interesting. But it's sold out in every size. After a quick look at their site, I believe the reason we have all size models this season might be to highlight the broader range of sizes JC Penney's carries.

Hi all!

Sea Bunny ~ I'm just the opposite, I even read the description of the upcoming show on my pvr setting!

I agree, I can't imagine Tim saving one of the twins! If he does I'll be yelling at him from my living room sofa!

Is it Thursday yet?;)

Have a great week.

This was in my e-mail reminder of tonight's episode.

"The designers are tasked with creating an on-the-go look for friends and family of the Project Runway crew, but the good spirited challenge takes an ugly turn when accusations of cheating cloud the results of a contentious runway. Sophia Stallone and Yolanda Hadid guest judge."