Canceling Faster to the Fun

cfr70

Are you able to cancel FTTF for a refund before sailing? I looked on the website in my Cruise Manager and there's nowhere to click to refund it, but I can do it if I wanted with my Cheers package purchased.

This whole headache with my account not updating to show FTTF on my Boarding Pass and Luggage Tags after 2 months is just not worth the hassle so I just want to cancel and be done with it and just use that $60 for other stuff.

Great idea it's a waste of $$$.

It's a waste of money anyway. If you get stressed standing in line. You will have your fttf money to buy yourself a drink! :D

Haha yes. I have Cheers already paid for though (Thank God there's no glitches with THAT! Don't you dare mess with my alcohol lol.) so I can put that FTTF $60 to better use placing it on red at the roulette table and have a 50/50 chance of doubling it. I did that with $40 on my Sensation cruise a few years ago, instantly doubled it to $80 and ran out of there like a bat out of hell before they could take it back. :p

After seriously weighing everything that's happened though, and calming down from today's back & forth frustration with Carnival, you're right. It does seem a waste of money anyway, and I decided to just do a late check out at my hotel on embarkation day and arrive at the port at 2pm and sail right on the ship with cabin ready....And I think I really WILL place that $60 on red too!!

It's a waste of money anyway. If you get stressed standing in line. You will have your fttf money to buy yourself a drink! :D

For you and others that have commented that it's a waste of money, it most likely is a waste of money. Many others have been buying it since it's inception because they like it. It's no different than Cheers, Steakhouse, buying a case of water from the Fun Shops, etc. It's what you want during you cruise. We personally will never buy the Cheers package or go to the Steakhouse but that doesn't mean that it's a waste of money for someone else.

For you and others that have commented that it's a waste of money, it most likely is a waste of money. Many others have been buying it since it's inception because they like it. It's no different than Cheers, Steakhouse, buying a case of water from the Fun Shops, etc. It's what you want during you cruise. We personally will never buy the Cheers package or go to the Steakhouse but that doesn't mean that it's a waste of money for someone else.

You are absolutely correct. My comment was NOT intended to belittle or look down upon anyone who gets it. Hey, I originally bought it because I liked the convenience of it and really wanted to try it out.

This whole mishap with Carnival has made me re-think it and realize that "for me", I could just do without it and be fine. Perhaps agreeing with the other poster and generalizing that it's "a waste of money" was harsh and insulting to others and I apologize.

The Guest Service line was another reason I wanted it for that perk as firemanbobswife pointed out, but I can just go at off hours if I need help. I recall on my Sensation trip if I went after midnight, it was always dead empty.

IF Carnival is nice enough to refund my money and keep FTTF as a courtesy for not correcting their 2 month long error, of course i'll use it and probably change my mind about it. But if not, I decided I could take it or leave it at this point in time.

You are absolutely correct. My comment was NOT intended to belittle or look down upon anyone who gets it. Hey, I originally bought it because I liked the convenience of it and really wanted to try it out.

I wasn't referring to your posts at all. I totally agree with you that what you've went through would make me say it's not worth it. Quite often on here I see where people say it's not worth it, instead of them saying it's not worth it to THEM as if anyone cares. As I said, there are a lot of things on a cruise that we wouldn't buy but that doesn't mean that nobody else should either.