Allue chacchoben ruins exclusive drive vs bus tour of ruins

Lazz

These tours are both listed on the shore excursions page and I am wanting to know what the major difference is for the cost. How many are in the exclusive tour and is the vehicle air conditioned? We are leaning toward the exclusive tour if it is worth it.

These tours are both listed on the shore excursions page and I am wanting to know what the major difference is for the cost. How many are in the exclusive tour and is the vehicle air conditioned? We are leaning toward the exclusive tour if it is worth it.

Just as an assist to Lazz, he's on the Allure so anyone who's done one of these tours while on a Royal Caribbean ship could chime in.

But Lazz, IMO you are better off $ wise and tour quality wise to contact Native Choice about their tours. Fewer people, better guides, no threat of being "merchandized" by vendors along the way who are in cahoots with the guide. https://thenativechoice.com/

Just as an assist to Lazz, he's on the Allure so anyone who's done one of these tours while on a Royal Caribbean ship could chime in.

But Lazz, IMO you are better off $ wise and tour quality wise to contact Native Choice about their tours. Fewer people, better guides, no threat of being "merchandized" by vendors along the way who are in cahoots with the guide. https://thenativechoice.com/

Thank you for the link. I have not been to Costa Maya, but in Cozumel the vendor stops were not that bad. Is it worse in Costa Maya? I am always a little afraid of taking a non ship sponsored tour, But It looks like they come highly recommended. I will take a look. Since I would not be on a ship sponsored tour, how long would I have to wait before we could get off the ship?

Thank you for the link. I have not been to Costa Maya, but in Cozumel the vendor stops were not that bad. Is it worse in Costa Maya? I am always a little afraid of taking a non ship sponsored tour, But It looks like they come highly recommended. I will take a look. Since I would not be on a ship sponsored tour, how long would I have to wait before we could get off the ship?

No problem getting off - the ship is docked so anyone can leave anytime.

Native Choice have been running this tour for years they will tell you what time you need to meet although there is a bit of a walk to their office which will take some time.

Long pier but trolley ride available.

Definitely go with Native Choice. Their tour and guides do a wonderful job. They have several options available. We went to the Chacchoben Ruins with our guide, Diego. He was excellent. We were back at the port by 1:15 and still had some shopping and relaxing time before going back to the ship. They get rave reviews on Trip Advisor, too.

• 1 month later...

Anyone here visited/toured the Chacchoben ruins in a wheelchair? My father in law is elderly and will need to use a wheelchair over long distances. NativePride's website alludes to the fact that a wheelchair can be used however the Carnival excursion description alludes to having to be able to walk some 2 miles on site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I am also interested in the answer to this question. We will be there in February and want to take the RC tour that is listed, and were wondering what the difference was in the drive one. We are only interested in taking the ones from RC as I am always nervous about not making it back in time. Anyone taken these?

I am also interested in the answer to this question. We will be there in February and want to take the RC tour that is listed, and were wondering what the difference was in the drive one. We are only interested in taking the ones from RC as I am always nervous about not making it back in time. Anyone taken these?
I went went with Nativechoice for our group of 20 back in February. They were top notch. Only thing is it is a good 10 minute walk to their place but we did it fine with many little kids. I will use them again this coming February as others we are going with haven't been before. I wouldn't worry with this company because they are very well known.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk