Increased drinks package prices ????

reemab1

I have just read elsewhere (via a passengers TA) that the drinks package prices are to rise from 18th September - has anyone else heard anything similar ? And if so does it apply to the non alcoholic package ? Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What you say makes some sense. For the last 4 or 5 days the AIBP has not been available in the cruise personlizer. If you want the package call Princess today, maybe it's still available at the current price. The soda & more package is available on line @ US$8.05/day. Doubt there are any changes.

What you say makes some sense. For the last 4 or 5 days the AIBP has not been available in the cruise personlizer. If you want the package call Princess today, maybe it's still available at the current price. The soda & more package is available on line @ US$8.05/day. Doubt there are any changes.

Called Princess this morning and agent confirmed Princess was in the process of rolling out a new all inclusive drink package but did not have any information on the new package. We were able to purchase the all inclusive package at the current price. We do not sail until late February.

I thought that too...however

It's still there just have to access it a different way.

Go to booking summary tab and scroll down to beverage packages.

This is what's currently showing on the Princess website. Different price overall and drinks up to $14.

All-Inclusive-Bev-Pkg-AU.jpgAll-Inclusive Beverage Package$59.00 per person, per day

All-Inclusive Package featuring any drink up to $14 including cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees & more! A 40% discount on bottles of wine (below $100 retail) is also offered on bottles purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package only available on voyages 7 nights and longer.

Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing. Princess may modify, amend or update the Terms and Conditions at any time with or without notice to guests.

Select

This is what's currently showing on the Princess website. Different price overall and drinks up to $14.

All-Inclusive-Bev-Pkg-AU.jpgAll-Inclusive Beverage Package$59.00 per person, per day

All-Inclusive Package featuring any drink up to $14 including cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees & more! A 40% discount on bottles of wine (below $100 retail) is also offered on bottles purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items.

Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing. Princess may modify, amend or update the Terms and Conditions at any time with or without notice to guests.

Select

Your post reminded me that I was also told the bottle wine discount with the AIBP would be lower than 40%.

Select

This would be a better deal as it is up to $14. What is currently showing attached to my early January reeservation is $57.45pp, drinks up to $10.

This would be a better deal as it is up to $14. What is currently showing attached to my early January reeservation is $57.45pp, drinks up to $10.

I wonder if it changes starting at a certain point after January? My post is what is reflected on my cruise next July.

Could it be the revision of the AIBP has to do with an upcoming overall increase in drink prices? Seems to me that would be an appropriate thing to do.

If they do bump up prices they will have to honor the folks who already have the AIBP that only listed drinks up to $10. It's too bad. One of the good things about Princess was drinks that were more affordable than most lines.

Edit: I just checked all of my booked cruises - including in 2019 - and I don't see any changes at all in the listing. Same price and same drink price limit. What people are posting here looks a lot like the Australian AIBP verbiage.

Select

If they do bump up prices they will have to honor the folks who already have the AIBP that only listed drinks up to $10. It's too bad. One of the good things about Princess was drinks that were more affordable than most lines.

Edit: I just checked all of my booked cruises - including in 2019 - and I don't see any changes at all in the listing. Same price and same drink price limit. What people are posting here looks a lot like the Australian AIBP verbiage.

Yes, the above image is for the Australian AIBP.

IMHO you are likely correct about Aussie pricing though the poster who put up the $59 price is supposedly in California. Regardless I went ahead and pre-purchased AIBP for our first May cruise at the current rate. My credit card is offering 0% interest through the end of March so what the heck, that's when I would normally pay up for the cruise anyway.

I've got 2 cruises booked with Princess. 1 in a couple of weeks on the Crown in Canada & New England. Being from the UK, the overall price is in £'s but in the wording it says drinks upto US$10. My other cruise is December 2018 on the Sun in Australia/New Zealand, again he overall price is in £'s, but this time, it says drinks upto $14.

It has NOT changed.

$57.45 per person, per day

All-Inclusive Package features any drink up to $10 including cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees & more! A 40% discount on bottles of wine (below $100 retail) is also offered on bottles purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing. Terms and conditions will apply.