Pacific Star R625

suexxx

HI. Been looking at cruise cam for Pacific Star and she is at Vila today. Schedule says she was not due there until Mon 7th Aug. Has any one heard what may be going on? Wonder if the weather is not good in her area.

Friends of my parents are on this cruise.When they were phoned by P & O about the delayed departure they were told that the ports of call would be reversed. Don't know if this was because of engine problems or weather problems. Hope this helps

Den

Friends of my parents are on this cruise.When they were phoned by P & O about the delayed departure they were told that the ports of call would be reversed. Don't know if this was because of engine problems or weather problems. Hope this helps

Den

The probably reversed the itinerary to make the closer port the first stop so they could make up time.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on this sailing, arrived back in Auckland on 11th August. Because of engine trouble on the previous cruise our departure from Auckland was delayed until nearly midnight while they did repairs. The itinerary reverse was because it was shorter to Mystery Island than to Suva. In Suva they did further repairs & we sailed about 8 hours later than expected.

Overall a good cruise, weather a bit wet at times.

Bronnie

Bronnie

Hi Bronnie. What was the temperature like? Is it warm enough to wear summer clothes? I sail on Wednesday and I'm having a nightmare packing. There's just not enough space:(. If you have any tips on what type of clothes to pack, it would be very helpful.

I was on this sailing, arrived back in Auckland on 11th August. Because of engine trouble on the previous cruise our departure from Auckland was delayed until nearly midnight while they did repairs. The itinerary reverse was because it was shorter to Mystery Island than to Suva. In Suva they did further repairs & we sailed about 8 hours later than expected.

Bronnie

How "lucky" you were to have 8 extra hours in Suva. :eek:

Hi all

Live from the star

those still up at 4am or just getting up at 4 am this morning said the boat was going real slow and lots of staff up

lots of shuddering at 4:30am

loss of total power at 4:50 approx for about 5 minutes

stopped cold

poeple running around asking whats happening

power back on up and running

no mention from the captain rumour at dinner that boat needs wet dock in brisbane

any news your end trevor

i'll keep u post of any further developments

cheers

Den

ps having the bestest of times

esp. after 4 cocktail at midnight here

lots of shuddering at 4:30am

loss of total power at 4:50 approx for about 5 minutes

stopped cold

I'm glad the power wasn't out too long. I hope the rest of your cruise is trouble free.

Is wet dock the same as dry dock?

this is awful! the pacific sun has been great.. but the star is beginning 2 sound like the sky.. im going on the star in january 4 14nights.. hopefully it doesnt break down... it would be pretty scary with a total loss of power at night!:eek:

wat is the star really like as a ship? is it nicer than the sun?:confused:

Hi Bronnie. What was the temperature like? Is it warm enough to wear summer clothes? I sail on Wednesday and I'm having a nightmare packing. There's just not enough space:(. If you have any tips on what type of clothes to pack, it would be very helpful.

Once we got up to Vanuatu it was warm. Temp about 23-26C. Most people were wearing shorts & short sleeve tops. If on deck whilst ship in motion it was quite breezy & cool, even when at anchor. On the islands we all got some sun & some people got sunburnt. It was muggy & humid on shore in Fiji & Vanuatu. Rained at Mystery Island & in Fiji. I would suggest you pack a "throw away" type raincoat & a travel umbrella & take it on excursions.

On the ship in the evening I wore light weight clothing, but with long sleeves as the aircon can run a bit cold in the dining room and show lounge. You can alter your cabin temp by turning the aircon nob in centre of ceiling.

Bronnie

this is awful! the pacific sun has been great.. but the star is beginning 2 sound like the sky.. im going on the star in january 4 14nights.. hopefully it doesnt break down... it would be pretty scary with a total loss of power at night!:eek:

wat is the star really like as a ship? is it nicer than the sun?:confused:

Internally, in terms of decoration etc, Star is much more subdued than Sun. There aren't any golden seahorses on the stage in the show lounge - and the general decor is much softer. I guess that's a reflection of Star's European ancestary (as Costa Tropicale) as opposed to Sun's American ancestry (as Carnival's Jubilee). Mechanically they are both about the same - vibration levels were similar, maybe a little bit less on Star, depending on where you were. Star doesn't have as much open deck space as Sun (and they both have less than Sky had).

Of the two, I would prefer to cruise on Star. But Pacific Sky beats both of them.:)

Kym

Archived