Twitter question

RSLeesburg

OK, this is only partially cruise related.

During the Grandeur fire and aftermath, I noticed lots of posts with updates from RCCL's twitter feed, and I thought to myself, that would be handy information to have. Coincidentally, a co-worker also recommended that I setup a twitter account to follow our products and such. So my question to those that tweet - do you use one account for business and personal or have two accounts? If two, can you get both feeds on your mobile device? And finally, a more cruise-related question, what feeds would you recommend besides the cruise lines?

I have one totally anonymous account that I use primarily to follow different people and businesses. Twitter doesn't require you to verify your identity.

Public figures & companies often do verify their identity - and those a counts will have a blue checkmark. So you'll know if you're following Peyton Manning, or some 12 year old.

To add - you can follow cruise critic, but otherwise I just do a search. I think the guy who has the cruise column in USA Today has a twitter account. I mostly follow NFL football so can't help much.

I set up a twitter account about a year ago, and then didn't login until a few weeks ago. I just depended on them to email me with the tweets. I was shocked, when I did login a year after creating the account, to find that someone had hijacked my account to send out tweets. :eek: Make sure that if you do sign up, you go into your profile and add appropriate security measures so that doesn't happen to you.

I just have one twitter account for business and follow a number of cruise and travel groups. Get some good travel info and deal alerts that way to my email right when it is published.

Archived