Princess Pricing

First time on this forum. I am planning a 2014 Alaska crusietour for my family (10-14).

What is the best way to get the best price. We are all going to be in double occupancy. So is it straight to the website, travel agent, or another option? What has worked best for you?

My wife and I and a couple of others have cruised once before but for the most part this will be the first time for the majority.

Thanks for any information.

Great thanks. There is an agent locally. I did not know if there costs would increase my potential savings.

When you talk to the agent, ask about cancellation fees or change fees that the agent or agency charges, above and beyond any that Princess may charge. Many travel agents don't charge anything; the cruise lines pay them commission. But some do, and in those cases the costs may in fact exceed the savings.

Great thanks. There is an agent locally. I did not know if there costs would increase my potential savings.

I would shop around. I live in Texas and my travel agent is a small home based travel agent in Pennsylvania. She discounts Princess cruises by about 8-10% I think. I've never met her, only spoken to her over the phone and I think she's fabulous. I "cheated" on her for one of my upcoming cruises :eek: because a large online travel agent was offering a huge amount of freebies and OBC for a particular cruise, and there was no way my small TA would have been able to match it. However, the post-booking customer service with the large agency has been HORRIBLE, and they charge a $50 fee for canceling a cruise, which my small TA does not.

It pays to shop around.

Archived