Ellacott Q&A: Answers Discussion

Thought I'd start this thread ready for Tuesday, where we can discuss all the answers that Fraser Ellacott gives. Really looking forward to the answers that he gives, and hope that it isn't just general ones but some proper replies.

Not too sure which order he will answer them. I know we would like them to be answered in order of what we find the most important, but I suppose what might not be important to one person might be really important to another, so it will probably be most fair for answers to be given in order that they were put on i.e. first question asked, first question answered. We'll see what he does.

I have copied and pasted all of the questions into a word document (currently 18 pages!), and I'll add the answers to them. I'll then post them all back up on here probably next weekend, so that we can refer to them once CC take off the Q&A forum. I was going to upload them as they are answered, but I thought it might be easier just to do them all in one go. What do you think would be best?

I'll also be blogging (there's something I didn't think I'd be saying! :D). I won't be posting about every answer, but will probably do the ones that have gained most interest and seem to be important to most. On my blog, on the sidebar there's a Category part. Under that, if you click Q&A, all posts regarding it will appear. I'll also try and post them all under the 'Q&A with Fraser Ellacott' page that is in the menu bar at the top, but not tried this yet so don't know if it will work.

Bring on Tuesday! :D

I have been wondering how he will go about answering the questions- not long to wait to find out! I had a look at the 2 question and answer sessions on the home page- they are VERY different in style.

The man from azamara dealt with the qs in a press release sort of way, grouped several issues together and gave the company policy.

The other one answered individual questions, but not all of them. After his answer there was no further discussion (not sure if thread locked). This was quite useful as you could clearly see where his replies were.

Will be interesting to see what "our" man does!

kate

I have been wondering how he will go about answering the questions- not long to wait to find out! I had a look at the 2 question and answer sessions on the home page- they are VERY different in style.

The man from azamara dealt with the qs in a press release sort of way, grouped several issues together and gave the company policy.

The other one answered individual questions, but not all of them. After his answer there was no further discussion (not sure if thread locked). This was quite useful as you could clearly see where his replies were.

kate

Thomsons are supposed to be the most friendly cruise line so let's hope he's not too formal and that he allows some more questions after his replies as I'm sure we will have a few.

Let's hope his answers are not the standard script like phrases we can already find on the net :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

kate

Had a look at the other two Q&A's, and the Celebrity one definitely seemed more friendly. Hopefully this will be the way that Ellacott will answer them, each question individually. I'm also hoping that the questions that he can't answer, he'll stick acknowledge and say why he couldn't answer them instead of just leaving it blank.

Shame a buzzer cant go off when he logs in !! :D:D:D

I know! Got a feeling that we could be waiting all day, and he might just collect the questions today. :rolleyes:

Noticed on the Celebrity Q&A that their MD answered the questions in the evening, probably after he finished work.

1 question must be asked? does he or any of his staff read these forums...sorry if this question has been raised, time at a premium at work :confused:

RR not Ross Roberts as he has left the building :D and caught another ship ..so to speak.

Actually thats a very good point RR ...:)

Sorry if this is a daft question when will the questions start to be answered ? I keep looking but knowing me could be looking in the wrong place. I'm sure he's been asked these same questions many times and already has a nicely worded answer ready to post in reply. Will the answers all come on at once later in the week or are they going to be drip fed to us a couple of questions at a time. :D

Sorry if this is a daft question when will the questions start to be answered ? I keep looking but knowing me could be looking in the wrong place. I'm sure he's been asked these same questions many times and already has a nicely worded answer ready to post in reply. Will the answers all come on at once later in the week or are they going to be drip fed to us a couple of questions at a time. :D

Answers are being give now. If you go to the Q&A at the top, all the threads that have 'Fraser Ellacott' as the last post are the questions that have been answered so far. Probably, a large block of questions will be done today and then a few more tomorrow etc.

- Newcastle will be a homeport for 2014, but other ports are being looked at for 2014.

- Entertainment is to be kept the same.

- If an international brand was introduced, the ambience on board wouldn't be compromised.

- Thomson Spirit AND Thomson Majesty's leases are running out at the end of 2014. Decision not currently been made on renewing. Looking at all options.

- If they had a new build ship, balconies would be a priority.

Answers are being give now. If you go to the Q&A at the top, all the threads that have 'Fraser Ellacott' as the last post are the questions that have been answered so far. Probably, a large block of questions will be done today and then a few more tomorrow etc.

Hi Sailaway, ive asked a new question today after FE started and then someone commented on it, ive then added to my other original question so now both seen lost in the middle of the ones hes already answered, hope he doesnt miss them :(

Hi Sailaway, ive asked a new question today after FE started and then someone commented on it, ive then added to my other original question so now both seen lost in the middle of the ones hes already answered, hope he doesnt miss them :(

He shouldn't do as once these questions have been answered, he'll need more for the rest of the week. If in doubt, maybe tomorrow sometime, bump it up to the top.

Archived