Pacific Eden 28Mar16 - A Pleasant Surprise

We are just off the Pacific Eden, we cruised from Adelaide to Melbourne and although there are lots of less than kind reviews we where pleasantly surprised.

We stayed in suite number 10039, while very comfortable with plenty of room and storage, the room is really overdue for some major TLC.

Our balcony was huge with a table and 4 chairs, plus 2 sun lounges and there was still heaps of room.

The Nespresso coffee machine and Elimis products where nice touch.

We really loved the public areas, they have been upgraded to a high standard and are all very beautiful and the color schemes and designs are just fabulous. They flow nicely from one space to another.

The Blue Room was by far my favorite, with a great jazz theme and beautiful fixtures, the coffee and cocktails are very good here!:)

We enjoyed all the shows that we saw in the theater. The comedians they had on board where very funny :). We thought it was a good idea for them to have 3 sittings for their production shows to allow everyone a chance to see it on the given night. Although small the theater is very comfy.

We booked Angelo's and the Dragon Lady as soon as we where able....

The Dragon Lady had beautiful décor and a lovely atmosphere....but sadly that is where it ended, the food and service where very poor. There is no cover charge for this restaurant.

I just loved the look of Angelo's it had the most fabulous décor....but sadly the food and service did not match my excitations, the food was tasty but very small serves. There is also no cover charge for Angelo's

The Waterfront Restaurant also has been beautifully renovated and has a lovely atmosphere. The service here was better, but would benefit from a better Maître d. The food was very good, a great selection to choose from.

The Panty was great, we loved the layout and never had trouble finding a seat. The food was a real surprise with a great selection on offer daily.

I loved the fact that there where not piles of plates with wasted food all over the place.

We did not use the Salt Grill or the Grill and to be honest did not see many other passengers using them either.

My son and I did some of the activities at The Edge, they where offering the Childs Gold Pass at the Silver Pass price I think it was about $130.00, but he could do all the actives they had to offer, he loved the Rope Course (as did I;)), the laser tag, the cargo net climb and flying fox and the laser tag. There was so much more on offer but due to the weather not being the best that is all that he did.

Our daughter really enjoyed the kids club, there was plenty for her to do.

All in all we had a great cruise, and would sail on the Eden again, there are just few little tweaks that P&O could do and this would be a top little ship.

I am sorry but I do not know how to post photos!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Pacific Eden. We have been on her twice in the last three weeks and fell in love with her, like you loved the blue room.

We are currently on the Golden Princess and were saying to each other that if we had the same quality food on the Eden we would sell up and live on her!

Love the smaller ships, finding the Golden to big, to busy and to loud, it's great we have a choice!

Marina

Thank you for the review we recently travelled on the Aria and really enjoyed it.

It was our 12th cruise over various lines and was our favorite.

We actually really enjoyed Angelos and Dragon Lady and alternated between them most nights. We ate food that we probably wouldnt normally order and had some really pleasant surprises.

We did book for 6pm each night and the staff were pleased that we enjoyed it so much and gave us excellent service.

We too loved the Pantry and went most days. The Mexican was a highlight for us. We could always get a seat on the back deck.

We ate at Salt for lunch and it was excellent as usual.

We had already booked to go the PNG on the same ship next year and can't wait.