Gauguin Museum

Bob100

The Gauguin Museum is about 30 minute drive from IC, but I was told not to waste my time because it does not always have Gauguin's original work in it. You might want to visit the Museum of Tahiti too. It is only 5-10 minute drive from IC.

As for getting there, we rent a car and drive, maybe the hotel can help you arrange transportation. sorry...

I have been wondering the same thing about the Gauguin Museum. The literature says that there is also a botanical garden there. Is the garden worth the trip there, or is the trip itself a nice diversion. Also, does the Le Truck go that far.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks,

For the Tahiti museum, I think the closest Le Truck stop will be in front of the Meridien and you will have to walk 10-15 minutes. As for the Gauguin museum, we saw the motor coaches- RTC stop there.

Ask the concierge at IC, she was very very helpful.

I have been wondering the same thing about the Gauguin Museum. The literature says that there is also a botanical garden there. Is the garden worth the trip there, or is the trip itself a nice diversion. Also, does the Le Truck go that far.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks,

I wouldn't waste my time there either. Our driver took us there and none of us even got out of the car. There were prettier places around the island.

Archived