Stone island on our own

Ashtonwa

Wanting to go to stone island on our own and wondering if we can rent SUPs and kayaks there? Anyone know how much?

You can take the water taxi to Stone Island for three dollars round trip. Not sure about the rentals, but have seen some vendors with "water and beach toys" for rent plus horses.

I do know the beer is cheap and cold -- if that helps !! LOL

Everybody who has tried the food (especially shrimp) at Lety's report it is very good.

Edited by swedish weave

You can take the water taxi to Stone Island for three dollars round trip. Not sure about the rentals, but have seen some vendors with "water and beach toys" for rent plus horses.

I do know the beer is cheap and cold -- if that helps !! LOL

Everybody who has tried the food (especially shrimp) at Lety's report it is very good.

Hey weave, is the water taxi different from what I took last year, which was a very slow 2 level boat? Seems like it took a long time to get there lol. When I think of a water taxi I think of something smaller and quicker, like in Cabo. Perhaps they did have those in Mazatlan but I just didn't notice.

Hey weave, is the water taxi different from what I took last year, which was a very slow 2 level boat? Seems like it took a long time to get there lol. When I think of a water taxi I think of something smaller and quicker, like in Cabo. Perhaps they did have those in Mazatlan but I just didn't notice.

Yes, the water taxi is a direct ride across the channel the ships use to approach the dock. Takes about 3 to 5 minutes and is the same type of boat they use in Cabo except no glass bottom. When the ship enters the channel at Mazatlan, you can see the small dock on the Stone Island side of the channel (It was blue last time I was there), and the water taxi terminal is directly across from it at the end of the spit that divides the channel from the Ferry terminal.

To get there, exit the cruise terminal to the street, turn left and walk to the end where the paved road turns right. Go straight ahead down the dirt road to the building at the end of that road. It is about four or five blocks (Maybe less)

If you get a Pulmonia to take you on a city tour or to downtown, you can have the driver drop you off at the water taxi terminal.

Edited by swedish weave