"Live" From the Grandeur of the Seas 7-22-05

Stay tuned for daily trip reports, pics, and info from my 9 night sailing on the

Grandeur of the Seas. It's all beginning this Friday , July 22, 2005

The ports will be Freeport, Coco Cay, Key West, Cozumel, and Port Canaveral.

Radio

;) ;)

I am on this ship too. Do you think we'll actually get to stop at Cozumel, or might they re-route us due to the recent Emily damage? I have also heard about problems with Port Canaveral due to the shuttle not launching.

This is my first cruise- so I am wondering whether I should keep checking RCCL website for updated itinerary- or will they just let us know day by day. Do people rush to change excursions?

I am on this ship too. Do you think we'll actually get to stop at Cozumel, or might they re-route us due to the recent Emily damage? I have also heard about problems with Port Canaveral due to the shuttle not launching.

This is my first cruise- so I am wondering whether I should keep checking RCCL website for updated itinerary- or will they just let us know day by day. Do people rush to change excursions?

The President of RCI spoke with us on Enchantment and said they were very worried about Cozumel..and they even considered alternate Itineraries for several ships (including Grandeur)...But Cozumel has reported that they are fine..and they want RCI in Cozumel as soon as possible....and all Excursions would remain unchanged...

That sounds very promising....

Radio

;) ;)

It's almost time.....Today is Finally here ! ! !

I will be going to the port around 2PM.....

My connection on board will be with the Internet Cafe (or Wi Fi if they have installed it) or Verizon Wireless Mobile Office (at Ports only).

Posting pics on line will not be possible with the Internet Cafe, but will be possible with WiFi or VerizonWireless.......

Today's Forecast....Sunny 91F Clear Skies

See you onboard soon...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

Is there a place on Grandeur to get Hot Wings? We sailed on her last year and there was not a hot wing to be found anywhere (I tried :) ).

This year I am getting conflicting reports. If you see any, would you let us know?

Thanx in advance

Radio,

Is there a place on Grandeur to get Hot Wings? We sailed on her last year and there was not a hot wing to be found anywhere (I tried :) ).

This year I am getting conflicting reports. If you see any, would you let us know?

Thanx in advance

I have been on the Grandeur 4 times...and I have never seen wings. But I will check for you this time....It might be a new service offered.

Radio

;) ;)

Can't resist saying hi to Adam of Gaithersburg -- where I live. I will be on the Grandeur to Bermuda 8/14 and just got back from the Voyager

Nice to hear from a neighbor. Hope you have a great cruise. We're sure looking forward to ours in September.

Hello everyone......We have made it onboard the beautiful Grandeur of the Seas.

I will limited to pics only while in port....Them I can use my Verizon Wireless connection with my laptop. There doesnt seem to be WiFi On board.... but will still post daily if the connection is valid.

We will be leaving the Port of Baltimore at about 5pm. The Captain has announced that we will have to go about 150 nm before we make it to open seas.

We also have 745 nm before we arrive in Freeport. RCI is aware of the Storm in the Bahamas, and we will find out tomorrow if we will be sailing to Freeport, or an alternate port.

But today is hot and sunny....and the beginning of a 9 night cruise to "somewhere". I am sure that this will be a wonderful vacation, and I am realy looking forward to some rest and relaxation....

Welcome Aboard !

Radio

Passenger Terminal

50259950-d277-02000180-.jpg

Gangway

50259970-7717-02000180-.jpg

My Cabin 7600 D1

50260284-393f-02000180-.jpg

Welcome Aboard !

50260283-0234-02000180-.jpg

Ok guys, after you pass under the Ches Bay bridge, look west towards Annapolis and those two people waving from Chesapeake Harbour will be my fiance and me. We see Grandeaur leaving all the time. You guys have a safe and fabulous time. We are on Mariner 8/14.

Mark & Janet

Hello everyone...we made it under the Bay Bridge....for thosw who want to track it, we sailed under right at 6:30pm....

Bonnievoyager......She loved it ! She wishes it was a longer cruise...

mdmourges.....We couldn't see anyone on shore...It was too much haze...TPKeller was able to get a shot of me waving up near the Viking Crown Lounge...

The welcomeaboard show is at 7:30, and late seating at 8:30....Time to get ready !

Today's TV Movie's are Channel 20- "The Pacifier" and Channel 21 "Ladder49"

The Captain is Sven Steinmoen, the Cruise Director is Duane Davis...

See you soon....

Radio

;) ;)

50260057-a643-02000180-.jpg

Archived