"Live" From the Voyager of the Seas Oct 2, 2005

Radio

I can't wait for this cruise to start. I have never been to Bermuda !

I will be providing daily photos and daily trip reports.

Come aboard ! for some great fun.... Starting in just a few weeks !

Radio

;) ;)

17902435-dfd7-020000EA-.jpg

Hi Radio

I'll be on the 10/30 cruise to Bermuda but wanted to wish you a wonderful cruise. VOS is unreal if you haven't been on it yet and Bermuda is gorgeous! Do you have anything planned while visiting? I've been to Bermuda twice and loved it and going back for a third time at the end of October. Looking forward to your reports! Thanks in advance!

Whatever you plan on doing... enjoy!

:) Hi RADIO:

The water will be colder in October than during the summer months so just in case you might want to go snorkeling keep that in mind.

When DH/I were there for our first time in July 2003 we planned a day to tour on our own and it was wonderful!

We took the bus from King's Wharf to Horseshoe Bay Beach. After the beach we took the bus to Hamilton. Walked around there for a while, did some shopping and enjoyed the parks/architecture of some of the buildings. We found this great pub (Flanagan's) and ended up there for a few hours. DH had his Guinness, I had my Kilkenny and we had a blast there. Afterwards we took the ferry back to King's Wharf but took the "scenic" trip back. We saw the smallest drawbridge, beautiful homes, great views, etc. and it and it was well worth it. The transportation in Bermuda is excellent and not expensive.

In 2003, the cruise to Bermuda was for seven days so we had more time to explore and go on excursions. We docked at King's Wharf and then the ship moved to Hamilton so it was great.

Bermuda is a great place to visit and you'll definitely enjoy yourselves there. If would like some Bermuda links please let me know. Have a wonderful cruise!

:) Hi BRN2CRZ:

Have a wonderful time on Mariner. No matter what happens.. you're on vacation so enjoy it!

C Ya!

Hello Trish....

I thought in Tuesday I would go to Hamilton and spend the day there( Maybe St George also...). Then maybe come back to the Dockyard for the evening festival.

I've been told while in Hamilton, I MUST try the Fisn N Chips......

On Thursday I though about hanging out near the Dockyard to sightsee around there ? I heard there was alot to do near the dock...

Radio

;) ;)

Everytime I read a post stating you are ready to cruise I break out in sweats anticipating your posts. I hurry home each day to see your pictures, answers to questions, helpful advice, and reviews.

Now, instead of short notice, we are given weeks to anticipate the excitement. What is one to do to pass the time waiting for the first onboard photo?

I know you are trying to gather information to make our virtual cruise more exciting, but for some of us, our anxiety level is raised another notch.

Thank you.

Radio--

Have a great trip!

Loved your last posts,can't wait till you go again.Have a great trip.I am soooo looking forward to seeing this ship. You bring it alive for me.Hope you take lots of pics again.I am on deck 10 towards the aft. Could you tell me whats across the passage from me.It is not cabins on the plan,just wondering?? Bonvoyage

Everytime I read a post stating you are ready to cruise I break out in sweats anticipating your posts. I hurry home each day to see your pictures, answers to questions, helpful advice, and reviews.

Now, instead of short notice, we are given weeks to anticipate the excitement. What is one to do to pass the time waiting for the first onboard photo?

I know you are trying to gather information to make our virtual cruise more exciting, but for some of us, our anxiety level is raised another notch.

Thank you.

Ooops...... I gues it is a little early. I was so excited because I cruise the Caribbean 4 times a year....Finally, I am going to Bermuda !

I was on the Voyager of the Seas back in 2003. Then I was lucky to be able to upgrade to an OS (for $400) It was worth it...

Radio

;) ;)

Past it...Just let me know your cabin and I will post a photo on Cruise Critic......

I will be getting Cybercabin hook up this time, so I will have 24 hrs a day unlimited internet.

I will be posting lots of pics several times per day !

Radio

;) ;)

Good Morning Radio:

Sounds like you have a good plan. Definitely have to try fish/chips but not sure where. Flanagan's doesn't serve it (I checked their on line menu). Hamilton is a cool city and make sure you look for the "bird cage" which is near the ferry terminal. The Police go there during certain times of the day to direct traffic. It's in a middle of two major roadways (Front Street/Queen Street I think). If they see a tourist with a camera pointing at them for a picture they will wave to you. I didn't believe it until they did it to us. It's fun to watch. If you like horse/buggy rides that is offered in Hamilton and it's really nice. Did that one evening and it was so peaceful and a great ride.

King's Wharf is nice to see for the first time but afterwards it's boring (not being rude, just my oponion). If you like history there's a lot to see. The shops that are there are very expensive, not a huge selection, small and nothing to really brag about. Most of the stores are also located in Hamilton. There is a Dolphin Quest there if you would like to swim with the dolphins and a small public beach which I haven't been to yet. There's a restaurant/bar to hang out at which is pretty cool called the Frog and Onion Pub. At night it would be great for a walk and to see the ship at night since it's something you don't see that often since the bulk of the time you're at see. I plan on walking around one night after dinner to take pictures of the ship and check out the nightlife at the Frog and Onion Pub.

Listed below are some links for you to check out. Hope you'll find them useful. If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Frog and Onion Pub ~ King's Wharf:

http://www.bermuda.com/dining/pubs/frog_and_onion_pub.php

Ferry Prices/Schedules:

http://www.seaexpress.bm/

Bus Prices/Schedules:

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=252

Bermuda Tourism Information:

http://www.bermuda.com/

http://www.bermuda-online.org/beaches.htm

http://www.bermudatravelnet.com/main.html

http://www.resqwest.com/docs/index2.asp

Have a great time checking out the sites and have a great time on VOS.

C ya!

We will be taking our first cruise on Voyager on October 21 - your reports from your cruise will be the perfect timing as I anticipate my cruise! (even though our itinerary is different)

I loved reading your incredibly detailed report of your last cruise and it felt like we were there right along with you!! I am definitely looking forward to hearing all about this one. Have a great time!

Dorothy in NJ

Getting ready for our 1st cruise

Voyager of the Seas 10/21/05

This is so exciting...I just booked my first cruise....Bermuda, Oct. 30..out of Cape Liberty,of course!! Considered the Oct. 2 date but decided the later one worked out better for us. Can't wait to hear all about the Oct. 2 cruise and see all the pictures. This is perfect timing - first I'll go on the cyber-cruise and then on the real one!!:D

~stephanie

I also wanted to add my personal thank you for what you're doing on this cruise! We're booked on the Voyager out of Cape Liberty on November 13th. It'll be so awesome to see what you do out there and the things you like and dislike! Make sure you provide specific details about good places to eat in Bermuda and what the dish of choice is. I'm all about the food!!! :)

I also wanted to add my personal thank you for what you're doing on this cruise! We're booked on the Voyager out of Cape Liberty on November 13th. It'll be so awesome to see what you do out there and the things you like and dislike! Make sure you provide specific details about good places to eat in Bermuda and what the dish of choice is. I'm all about the food!!! :)

This will be my first time in Bermuda...so I will report the things I see like a "first time cruiser" I've been told that I must sample the Fish Chowder.......I would much rather try the Fish N Chips... I used to work at a Fish N Chips restaurant when I was a teen...in 1977 Wow !

There will be the normal daily pics,,, with Menu reports , movie listings, activities etc...

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Radio: Wow....you are anxious about this cruise! Are you taking the Mrs. on this one? I've been on the Voyager....but have not been to Bermuda. (Did the 5-night to Canada last September) I enjoyed the Voyager....but like the Mariner better....I know, same ship and smiliar lay-out....but the Mariner is just slightly nicer. I'm heading back to the Mariner in Oct and November....when are you going back?

We are thinking of trying the Explorer out of Bayonne next summer....maybe in May...doing the 9-night Caribbean.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences in Bermuda!

Archived