Beer on Jewel

Cruisizzle

There's nothing to write home about for a beer snob on the Jewel -- or any NCL ship for that matter. Same stuff you see everywhere + the Alaskan Brewing Company stuff is usually onboard for the AK runs - typically an Amber and an IPA which are both decent.

Thanks everyone. That's what I was afraid of. Hoping for at least one IPA and he will be good. Hopefully someone on a recent Alaskan cruise can chime in.

Recent or not, it won't matter much. I've been on several -- beer is the same every time.

There's nothing to write home about for a beer snob on the Jewel -- or any NCL ship for that matter.

Not true, The District Brew House on Escape with two dozen taps and at least twice that many in bottles is very different from the rest of the fleet.

But yeah, it's true that Escape is an anomaly within the fleet and in general the menu is very limited.

Not true, The District Brew House on Escape with two dozen taps and at least twice that many in bottles is very different from the rest of the fleet.

But yeah, it's true that Escape is an anomaly within the fleet and in general the menu is very limited.

Yeah, you're right about that. I stand corrected.

We are beer snobs too and have the same worries about her sister ship the Jade.

Looks like we will have to do the 'drink blue moon because even though its not craft it tastes decent' thing like we did on X.

Got completely spoilt on our last 2 cruises as Royal had the pub and Vista had a brewery on board.

Recent or not, it won't matter much. I've been on several -- beer is the same every time.

Thanks for your info. Hopefully there is some Alaskan beer on board as your previous post suggests. That would do the trick. Oh well, first world problems!! ;p

We on the Jade in Norway. Hubby is an IPA guy. Does anyone know if they bring on any additional beers for the Northern Europe run? We are leaving from Germany, so there is opportunity.

And I agree, other than Escape, Royal does beer selection infinitely better than NCL. Although, both the Breakaway and Getaway served pitchers in O'Sheehans which was nice. We always put improved beer selection on our suggestion card. Seems like a very easy fix.

Except on certain ships with more venues the beer list (and often the actual beer) comes from Corporate. On the Breakaway recently they had A Little Sumpin Ale from Lagunitas. This was not bad and like an IPA. It is good to put this issue on the comment cards.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd come back and update in case anyone else wonders about beer. We sailed June 17-24th to Alaska. It was amazing. I loved nearly everything about the ship, our room and the ports. My husband was happy because there was Lagunitas Lil' Sumthin (or something like that) and several offerings of Alaskan beer, including Freeride which worked for him. He also drank a surprising number of mudslides, which were delicious! Thanks again for everyone's comments.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you find any IPAs on the Ship??? Going in a week and need to be prepared

Hi there! I posted above about our experience. But overall it was great. They had Lagunitas Lil' Sumthin and several options of Alaskan Brewing Co beer. He liked the Freeride as it was a White IPA I think. The cruise was so awesome, have fun!