Which show(s) should I see on the Jade?

ExpatBride

In all of our cruises, DH and I have never gone to the shows. I'd love to see a show or two, but it's not DH's thing. We're sailing soon and this time I'd like to go to at least one show... hopefully one that he'll like so much that he'll want to see more :D

Can anyone who's recently sailed on the Jade recommend a show or two that would be a good bet?

Since I don't know you and have no idea what sort of music or entertainment you or your DH would like, go to:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jade/whats-on-board/Entertainment

It lists the shows on the Jade & brief descriptions. For the Jade, you can pretty much wander in & out of a show as you want - unless they close the aisles for a few minutes for performers.

The other option - I know it sounds crazy but you could spend 30 minutes apart & go to the shows by yourself!

I saw Elements on the spirit a week ago and it was AMAZING. Either dump the husband at the bar and go on your own or drag him with you. They are only about an hr long. Either way, that's the one I reccomend 100%

Thanks for the recommendation, that's was the one I was leaning towards! He'll go if I really want to see the show... I'm just trying up my chances of choosing something that he'll like so it's not a one-off :D

Thanks for the recommendation, that's was the one I was leaning towards! He'll go if I really want to see the show... I'm just trying up my chances of choosing something that he'll like so it's not a one-off :D

Good move :D. Elements was sadly at the end of our holiday as it's their 'signature piece'. It has a bit of everything in it. Dancing, magic, acrobatics, I loved it and so did the hubby.

Not sure what else will be on. We saw a production cast one- full of rock songs, and one with a couple performing circus tricks which was surprisingly entertaining. Ones we didn't go to included a hypnotist show, a dance duo and another production cast show- music from around the world. I would have like to have seen more than I did but with a little one it wasn't always possible.

Enjoy! And I hope you make a show convert out of the hubby too :D:halo:

We were on a 10 day Jade itinerary recently. There were 3 production shows that they said are all itineraries. Elements - which was their big at the end that included a little bit of everything. Would def recommend that. There was also a country themed dance/singing show (blazing boots). It's more pop country than country; I really enjoyed it but it may not be everyone's thing. There's also a Motown themed dance/singing show (showdown). Wasn't my thing but many people liked it. But those two are easy to skip if you don't care of that style of music.

I think they also regularly have a acrobatic duo, magician duo, and comedian; plus a welcome aboard show. The order I would pick to go to those again are: acrobats, comedian, magician, welcome aboard show. You'll also see a bit of all of those in the elements show.

Our "filler" shows for the other days were el goucho, who was fantastic; a juggler who was decent, and can't remember the last one.

So, if doing two, I would recommend elements and the acrobats. After that maybe the country music show and the comedian.

You don't know what you are missing. Go to as many as possible. Norwegian (in my opinion) has the best shows of any cruiseline (of the ones I have tried, which is quite a few). Really looking forward to getting on Jade again in July. LOVED Burn the Floor and Priscilla Queen of the Desert (which were on Epic).

We were on a 10 day Jade itinerary recently. There were 3 production shows that they said are all itineraries. Elements - which was their big at the end that included a little bit of everything. Would def recommend that. There was also a country themed dance/singing show (blazing boots). It's more pop country than country; I really enjoyed it but it may not be everyone's thing. There's also a Motown themed dance/singing show (showdown). Wasn't my thing but many people liked it. But those two are easy to skip if you don't care of that style of music.

I think they also regularly have a acrobatic duo, magician duo, and comedian; plus a welcome aboard show. The order I would pick to go to those again are: acrobats, comedian, magician, welcome aboard show. You'll also see a bit of all of those in the elements show.

So, if doing two, I would recommend elements and the acrobats. After that maybe the country music show and the comedian.

Thanks for this! Elements seems the clear winner of the production shows. DH is English and I think that country and Motown aren't good bets, they're not really my cup of tea, either.

I really appreciate you mentioning the other shows, too. The acrobats seem like a good choice!

Off Jade last week. My husband isn't one for shows, we usually pop into few and sit where we can sneak out when we have had enough!

We saw a bit of the comedy juggler, and left early. Skipped the Blazing Boots, never heard of any of the performers whose songs they were featuring.

I went to see the acrobat / gymnast duo on my own, it was ok of its type, but many of the audience were obviously enthralled and gave them a standing ovation.

The comedian was Al Brown, not brilliant, but I laughed quite a lot, and we didn't sneak out early.

Elements, we could only get seats in the middle of a row, and were warned that the aisles had to kept clear during the performance. So we resigned ourselves to an hour or so with no escape!

However, it was brilliant! Don't miss it. Even my husband enjoyed it all. The dancing was excellent, well choreographed and executed, and I am a regular attender at modern ballet performances, including the Birmingham Royal Ballet. The illusionist and the aerial gymnasts had roles to play, which added some variety to the spectacle, but overall, it was extremely well done, and we both enjoyed it tremendously. It was inventive and entertaining, (watch out for the charming frogs on their trapeze!) and a lot of fun. My sceptical husband was quite impressed.

Don't miss it!

Off Jade last week. My husband isn't one for shows, we usually pop into few and sit where we can sneak out when we have had enough!

We saw a bit of the comedy juggler, and left early. Skipped the Blazing Boots, never heard of any of the performers whose songs they were featuring.

I went to see the acrobat / gymnast duo on my own, it was ok of its type, but many of the audience were obviously enthralled and gave them a standing ovation.

The comedian was Al Brown, not brilliant, but I laughed quite a lot, and we didn't sneak out early.

Elements, we could only get seats in the middle of a row, and were warned that the aisles had to kept clear during the performance. So we resigned ourselves to an hour or so with no escape!

However, it was brilliant! Don't miss it. Even my husband enjoyed it all. The dancing was excellent, well choreographed and executed, and I am a regular attender at modern ballet performances, including the Birmingham Royal Ballet. The illusionist and the aerial gymnasts had roles to play, which added some variety to the spectacle, but overall, it was extremely well done, and we both enjoyed it tremendously. It was inventive and entertaining, (watch out for the charming frogs on their trapeze!) and a lot of fun. My sceptical husband was quite impressed.

Don't miss it!

Thanks for this great overview of the shows. We leave Sunday and DH is onboard for Elements...I'm glad I asked for recommendations :D

Forgot to mention the singers, a quartet of two men, two women, who sang a mixture of light opera, songs from musicals, and some nice arrangements of pop type songs. Can't remember what they were called. All good singers, managed to hold their own against the usual intrusive musicians, who never seem to have grasped the idea that backing music is supposed to let you hear the singers, not try to drown them out!

I did enjoy it though, but didn't take my husband, as it isn't his sort of thing. Can't remember where I left him, probably in the cabin