Best time for ropes course and waterslides on Breakaway

lmintzer

Getting excited for our crusie! School is ending Friday here, and today, as my kids are stuck in working on final presentations and projects, we are taking breaks to talk about our trip and look at Breakaway deck plans and photos. : )

We are very much hoping to be able to enjoy the waterslides and the ropes course on our sea days. I have read that some like to stay on board and make sure of them while in port, but there is too much we want to see/do in Bermuda to consider that.

Any advice for picking times with the shortest lines during sea days? Or should we just plan on long waits.

Just got off Breakaway. Longest time was maybe 10 minutes for ropes course. Walk the plank :) lines short for waterside. 3-5 minutes. Longest line was rock climbing. Not enough staff. So maybe 30 minutes or so.

Thank you! Those wait times are not bad at all! I was imaging an hour or more.

Oh goodness, no. LOL! The lines were maybe 10-15 minutes at their busiest for the ropes course. Rarely did we ever see a line for the water slides, and if we did, we are talking a handful of people at the most. My son likes to do the slides right when we board the ship. There are never any lines then.

I could see my kids wanting to go straight for the slides! We are planning to board early, get oriented to the Haven, get checked into Entourage (hopefully will avoid the crowds later), have lunch, and maybe then can sneak some slides in before muster and sailaway. Planning to watch sailaway from the Haven sundeck or up on the highest deck--18. But I half wondered if anyone is on the ropes course or up by the slides for sailaway--now that would be an experience! Again, thanks for the reassurance. Even if we don't get to these activities right away, we have no problem with a 15 minute wait. I just wanted to make sure that we get to do them, as they were part of the draw of the Breakaway for my boys. And thanks to the poster for reminded us to wear sneakers--my boys prefer sneakers, but I'm often in sandals!

Did any of you have any luck bringing either a water camera or a GoPro up on the slides and ropes course?

Did any of you have any luck bringing either a water camera or a GoPro up on the slides and ropes course?

You can't bring anything on the drop slides - you can't even be wearing any jewelry or have metal on your swimsuit. My husband has at times on ships had luck with his GoPro on the ropes course, and been told no other times. It just depends who is working, I guess.