"LIVE" from the Explorer 8-11-06 Cape Liberty

Radio

Hello everyone.... I made it on board. The weather is beautiful...Sunny and warm, about 82f. Lady Liberty stands out like a beacon.

Join me for 9 nights on the Explorer of the Seas. I will try to provide daily pics and comments about the cruise. We depart for St Thomas at 5PM.

My daily comments and pics will be limited to my connection.

This will be a week of relaxation for me...No Excursions...Just relaxing. I will visit every port, but I am not planning any activities. We will just wait and see what happens.

The CD this week is Ashley Kerr, and the Captain is Ole Joran Gronhaug. My DD and her 2 friends were just on the same cruise in June, and she loved the ports.

Here are a few pics while coming aboard....Just click below to see all of the pics as they are posted to my Criuise Photo Page...

I will try to load a few more tonight.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Pre Cruise at the Marriott Courtyard near EWR

pebkac.jpg

First Sight of Explorer

pebkac.jpg

pebkac.jpg

My D1 Cabin on Deck 8...Sorry, no new Bedding Yet

pebkac.jpg

Pool Deck and Viking Crown Lounge

pebkac.jpg

Radio,

I read your live posts (and others) all the time. I didn't remember you were going on the Explorer! I'll be on the next 9 night cruise (Aug. 25th). I can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll be waving to you tonight as I head home from work (via the SI Ferry). Have a great trip!

Radio, it's so nice of you to share your experiences with us. I've enjoyed your review and pics and am looking forward to more. I was wondering....where exactly is the Marriott Courtyard and was it nice? Any complaints? Did they have a shuttle from the airport and also to the pier? Thank you!!

Radio, it's so nice of you to share your experiences with us. I've enjoyed your review and pics and am looking forward to more. I was wondering....where exactly is the Marriott Courtyard and was it nice? Any complaints? Did they have a shuttle from the airport and also to the pier? Thank you!!

I boarded at 11:30 AM...there were few people on board at that time.....The cabins on my floor were ready too, though many were not. The hotel is on Wilcher Realty Blvd, and was very nice. It is next to the Marriott Residence INN and very close to EWR. I was told that the cast is $40 for a cab. The hotel does not offer free or pay shuttle to the pier.

The Muster drill is very soon ! !

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

I read your live posts (and others) all the time. I didn't remember you were going on the Explorer! I'll be on the next 9 night cruise (Aug. 25th). I can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll be waving to you tonight as I head home from work (via the SI Ferry). Have a great trip!

I just booked this cruise 3 weeks ago, and didn't decide to do a "Live" report until today ! ! I will look for the Ferry ! !

Radio

;) ;)

Radio - great to hear from you again!

So glad you decided to do another live report - I will wait for each of them and especially the pictures!

Have a great cruise and thanks for taking the time to keep us informed! :)

Hi Radio! I also followed your Bermuda cruise "live" report and will be reading this one as well!

I sailed on the Freedom from Bayonne in May and it was way cool going under the Verizanno (sp?) Bridge. It looked close enough to touch! :D

Thanks again for taking time out of your vacation to report to us!

Enjoy your cruise!

Hey Radio....We will be on the same cruise on September 8th. I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy your live posts along with the pictures. You take the best shots , we all feel like we are right there with you. Keep up the good work....Can you tell me how the security was getting on. Any different than usual? Not sure if you stashed any beverages along with you . Looking forward to your posts!!! Thanks Laura

That's exactly how the ship looked when we left it this morning.

Can you believe we BACKED in there from NY harbor???!!!!! The whole way!!!!! :eek:

Wow Pete...I hoped you liked Bermuda...I plan to go there again in the fall...

The muster drill is over and we should be leaving in about 10-15 min....time to up to Deck 12...

Radio

;) ;)

It was grand, including the weather.

Enjoy the entertainment. They are good shows.

Your only loss is that Allan Richards (our cruise director, a very good one at that), left the ship this morning for vacation.

Enjoy your 9 days. It was hard getting off!

Radio ~ always look forward to your Live posts from the ships... I will follow this one especially since we are already booked for April 2008 on Explorer 9 day.... have fun!

Radio ~ always look forward to your Live posts from the ships... I will follow this one especially since we are already booked for April 2008 on Explorer 9 day.... have fun!

Emmy .... we are thinking of booking the same April 25th cruise. We loved the ports and figure it would be a great first cruise for our girls. I see you already have some major chatter going on in the roll calls that's great. I will join in as soon as we book.

Emmy .... we are thinking of booking the same April 25th cruise. We loved the ports and figure it would be a great first cruise for our girls. I see you already have some major chatter going on in the roll calls that's great. I will join in as soon as we book.

Come and join us whenever you are ready.... sooner the better:D... I have always wanted to sail out of the New York area...

I love the Voyager class ships

Radio, too bad you won't have Allen Brooks as your CD.:( We had him on Voyager last year, he was great. If you are able, could you find out if he will be back before the Oct. 6th sailing?

We were on Explorer for our first cruise 2yrs ago. Is she still in good shape?

Looking foward to your reviews. They will help keep me sane until I set sail. Oct. can't come soon enough for me.

Frank

Hello...We left a 5PM exactly from Cape Liberty Cruise Port. The weather is perfect today...it is very clear, bright and warm. I think I will get another digital camera with a powerful zoom. I will be able to get better far away shots.

Here are a few more pics before I loose my signal. I am currently sending these with my mobile office kit. (Cellphone Broadband as a modem for my laptop). I will take lots of pics and hopefully post them before St Thomas.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in...

Radio

Leaving Cape Liberty

pebkac.jpg

Lady Liberty

pebkac.jpg

Staten Island Ferries

pebkac.jpg

Walking up to the Helipad

pebkac.jpg

Verezzano Narrows Bridge... Traffic was Heavy on that bridge <g>

pebkac.jpg

Archived