"LIVE" from the Liberty of the Seas/ 1-05-08

Radio

Hello Everyone ! I have arrived in Miami today for a pre cruise stay before my "Live" from the Liberty trip report.

I drove to Miami, and it took me awhile to get here. . .but I am happy that I made it safely, and I am happy that I will soon be boarding the Newest...Biggest... and most Beautiful ship in the RCI Fleet.....the Liberty of the Seas.

For those of you that are new to Cruise Critic, I will be providing something more than a Cruise Ship Review. I will be posting Daily Photos, of the Ports of Call, Cabin, Ship exterior, and public areas. I will be able to answer many questions, and provide daily commentary. (Pending valid internet connection)

We will be sailing the Eastern Caribbean, which includes 3 Ports (San Juan, PR. . . St Maarten, NA. . . Labadee, Haiti and several days at sea.

I am looking forward to seeing the many changes that have been made, and the many differences between the Voyager Class, and Freedom Class ships.

There have been many pics that I have viewed from the Freedom, and Liberty. . . .However, this will be my first sailing on a Freedom Class Ship !

I am just a few miles from the Port, and my plan is to arrive at the Port of Miami tomorrow by 11AM. I should be able to post many pics before we sail at 4PM.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Welcome to Florida !

flvc.jpg

My Pre Cruise Miami / Doral Hotel

flhotel3.jpg

Nice Pool. . .

flhotel2.jpg

The Beautiful Liberty of the Seas

LIBERTY2.jpg

Hi. We sailed on the Liberty 12/22 thru 12/29, visiting the same ports you will be visiting.

The ship is beautiful. Our sailing was completely sold out. However, the ship didn't feel crowded until the final day at sea. I don't know where these people were all week. But, they were all in my way on Friday.

It seems like you enjoy taking pictures. Would you be willing to share your pics of various places around the ship? I meant to go around taking pics the last day. But, one thing lead to another, and I never did. Now, I'm trying to put a scrapbook together. And... it is completely lacking.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any "generic" pictures that you would be willing to share.

Don't miss the Ice Show. Check the compass to find out where and when to get the tickets. And, don't worry if the line is long. It moves very quickly, and there are plenty of tickets for everyone.

Warning: The pool chair hogs seem to be out in full force. We found a great spot that was never crowded. Go to the very front of the ship. Keep going upstairs. There is a great spot with sun and shade available, and a nice breeze. Never crowded or noisy.

If you're on the first floor of the dining room, look for our waiter Habib. He is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Jill

Are you parking at the port? We will be going on the FOS in April and live in west palm. Parking is $20 a day. Crazy!!!! I heard there is off site parking near the airport for half the cost but waiting for a shuttle coming back in can be a mess. Have a great trip!

I cant wait to read your "Live" thread! I have read some of your "Live" threads in the past and they are always SO great!

Makes me really excited for my trip on Liberty in August - It feels like soooo far away!

Happy Sailing and thanks!! :-)

Happy Cruising, and I can't wait to read your live posts and see your pictures. I will be on Liberty in October, which seems like years from now.

Ha ha . . . I just booked this Cruise less than a month ago, and it felt like a Year Away ! :) :)

Radio

;) ;)

How exciting! I'm really looking forward to "spending the week" with you. :D

We leave a week from today for our cruise on the Liberty of the Seas and we are staying at the Hampton Inn too.

Please provide any insight (great bartenders, the CD, neat experiences, etc.). I hope you have a fantastic time!

Enjoy!

Hi Radio

I nearly fell off the Chair when I read that you'll do one of your fabulous, super-duper "Live" Reports...!!

Looking forward to it...!!

Thanks alot in advance!

Phil

:)

Thanks Phil. . . . A long as I can connect to Wi Fi, there should be many pics ! :rolleyes:

I don't think that the Freedon Class ships have a Cybercabin offer. . .

Thanks

Radio

;) ;)

Can't wait to read your posts and SEE YOUR PICS!!!!!!!!!!! I have a mere 175 days till my cruise!:eek::D Let us know about the menu and check out if they have the SF coconut cake. Take pics of the food so I can look at it while on my cruise diet! lol

Hmmm. . . . SF Coconut Cake ? Maybe I should try some ! ! :)

Thanks Lynn !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can't wait to check in with you everyday. We have been waiting 10 months so far to sail on Liberty and have 5 more weeks to wait. Although we are doing the western itinerary I am so looking forward to your pictures and all your comments. Thanks so much and have a wonderful cruise!

Lorey

Radio - Once again you are so generously giving of yourself, and your vacation to report back to your friends at CC :) Thanks so much, and I am looking forward to sharing your cruise with you!!!! You're awesome!

Hello everyone ! As part of my research for this cruise. . . I checked to see what ships will be with us in each port.

We will be seeing many ships on this cruise. . . .

Here is the list:

MIAMI

Azamara Quest (ex - R7)

Norwegian Sun

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Triumph

Imagination

SAN JUAN, PR

Radiance of the Seas

Costa Mediterranea

Carnival Liberty

ST MAARTEN, NA

Sea Princess

Disney Magic

Holland America - Maasdam

MIAMI

Celebrity Century

Oceania - Regatta (ex - R1)

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Triumph

Norwegian Sun

I will talk to all of you tomorrow ! I should be at the port early. . . .

Thanks for tuning in ;)

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EASTCARIB2.jpg

Archived