Soda

md1jw

Can anyone who has travelled with costa recently confirm whether soda is served by the can or glass if you have purchased the AI package, and also is it definite that free water is not served during dinner. Thanks

Can anyone who has travelled with costa recently confirm whether soda is served by the can or glass if you have purchased the AI package, and also is it definite that free water is not served during dinner. Thanks

With the AI pkg, soda is by the glass.

Water is free during dinner if you are from the USA even without the AI. Costa includes if for free called " water USA" package. It's by the glass. I think it may include Canada too.

Does anyone have experience of taking their own soda cans on board. My husband only drinks soda, nor does he drink tea or coffee. Is it taken off you? I fear it could get extremely expensive if we have to purchase individual cans all of the time. it would be nice to be able to supplement at least some of the drinks for cabin use when we go ashore. Even if we were to get a soda package, this too would cost a lot.

Does anyone have experience of taking their own soda cans on board. My husband only drinks soda, nor does he drink tea or coffee. Is it taken off you? I fear it could get extremely expensive if we have to purchase individual cans all of the time. it would be nice to be able to supplement at least some of the drinks for cabin use when we go ashore. Even if we were to get a soda package, this too would cost a lot.

The answer is you cannot take any form of drink onboard. The following if from Costa - UK Website Questions & Answers:

Can I bring food or drink on board?

No food or drink purchased on land may be brought aboard when boarding the ship. Any local products purchased during excursions may be handed to Costa staff for safekeeping and collected before disembarking at the end of the cruise. Cocktails, coffees and a wide range of drinks can be purchased on every deck and in all the bars.

Thank you for your prompt replies. It is appreciated. Looks like its going to be an expensive bar bill!

They offer a sixteen euro per day no-alcohol drink package. That's a lot of soda! But it includes juices and really thick hot chocolate (at a particular bar when open).

Also, when you get your room key, found on your bed at arrival, verify the back reflects the package you ordered. Mine said water usa and i had to go to guest services to get a new key. I think the alcohol package says EXTRA though I'm not sure now.

On my trip I did't have to sign a receipt with every order either but they do swipe your card.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sorry to be a pain, but I thought that this was for under 18s, at least not 60ish men!

You are correct the €16 drinks package is for kids between 4 & 17 y.o.

There is also a drinks package called the Boys and Girls Card, which can be bought onboard for €54.99 and is good for 20 non-alcoholic drinks (soda, cocktails & juices). This card be also be bought by adults and shared between couples.

• 1 month later...

My daughter will turn 18 two weeks before our cruise next summer and I was told that if DH and I will be purchasing the AI drink plan for ourselves that we will need to purchase it for her, too. :eek:

I guess it's not that big of a deal, as we were going to purchase the €16 drinks package for both of our teens. However, it kind of irks me to have to pay extra for the full AI plan because she does not drink (and in the U.S. the drinking age is 21.

In Europe adulthood begins from one's 18th. Birthday. One of the conditions for purchasing the All Inclusive drinks package is that ALL adults over the age of 18 must buy it. It is either all or none.

This is from the Costa UK website:

The "All Inclusive Premium" package for kids can only be purchased together with the "All Inclusive Premium" package for adults. Children/teenagers (from 4 to 17 years): € 16,00 - per day including service charges to be booked in combination with the All Inclusive package.

Can be found here:http://www.costacruises.co.uk/gb/all-inclusive-cruise.html

My daughter will turn 18 two weeks before our cruise next summer...However, it kind of irks me to have to pay extra for the full AI plan because she does not drink (and in the U.S. the drinking age is 21.

You never know, with the opportunity to work her way through the cocktail and spirits menu that the AI will entitle her to, she might change her mind.

• 1 month later...
You never know, with the opportunity to work her way through the cocktail and spirits menu that the AI will entitle her to, she might change her mind.

Ha! Yes, that's what I'm afraid of! Although she will be off to university in the Fall, so this should prove instructional for her. :)