Costa compared to NCL or Carnival

koss78b2

What is the Costa cruise experience compared to the NCL or Carnival? or Louis Cruises

For evening is eating only from dining room? or other dining options?

Would Costa be ok for solo cruiser ?

Service of the ships?

Being Canadian i am ok with other cultures.

Would Costa be similar to Louis Cruises, i sailed with Louis a few years ago for Med cruise to Turkey and Greek isles? comparisons, thanks

What is the Costa cruise experience compared to the NCL or Carnival? or Louis Cruises

For evening is eating only from dining room? or other dining options?

Would Costa be ok for solo cruiser ?

Service of the ships?

Being Canadian i am ok with other cultures.

Would Costa be similar to Louis Cruises, i sailed with Louis a few years ago for Med cruise to Turkey and Greek isles? comparisons, thanks

Sailed Costa Luminosa by myself in the Baltic. No issues with being solo. Some times, at the shows, which were varied and excellent, I would have an empty seat next to me because people assumed I had someone coming.

I think that most of the time native-English speakers are in the minority of passengers. So be prepared for that. Of course every staff speaks English. All announcements and events are said in multiple languages.

Dinners were Italian centric. Fantastic, of course. Entertainment was mostly in English but sometimes Italian.

I had a Royal Caribbean cruise directly after and sighed in relief when I could eat almost whenever I felt like it @the buffet. I remember that feeling of recognizing what was on the buffet. I don't really remember the costa buffet. But the free dinners were great.

So. I am probably sticking with the American centric cruise lines from now on. But the multicultural aspect of Costa might bring me back.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Costa, was a great trip. We were in the Med. Yes, the announcements were in many langages but English was second, on our cruise and there is an English Rep. who will handle any questions on board the ship you have.

Water for Canadians and Americans who booked the cruise in Canada or USA had free large bottles of water on the table in MDR. the back of your cruise cards said WATERUSA.

The breakfast in the MDR was huge Italian buffet or you could order bacon, eggs, toast etc from the menu. Pancakes, Salmon etc. from the menu so lots of choice and coffee or tea.

The buffet at lunch was pizza, cheese and meats and about 6 hot items so nothing like the Carnival or NCL but there was wonderful afternoon tea about 4pm with sand. cookies, deserts tea and coffee.

Again with lunch in buffet only water is available to drink( I believe)

There is no tea or coffee served after dinner in MDR (at least not complementary)