Passengers Report Problems on Newly Revitalized Carnival Cruise Ship

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:40 PM.
#41
U.S.
5,408 Posts
Joined May 2006
I would be surprised if there weren't any issues after a refurbishment this extensive. I'm happy that Carnival chose to sail and not disappoint passengers by delaying the voyage. The delays appear to be largely out of Carnival's control being attributed to poor weather that delayed work toward the end of the dry dock.

I can't wait to get more details about the makeover and for passengers to start posting their reviews and pictures. I am thinking about booking this ship for later this year after I get to read some reviews and see the pictures.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
38 cruises and counting.....

It was me. I let the dogs out.
#43
Boca Raton
10 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by Sargent_Schultz
The main attraction for us, the 3 deck Serenity area, is FREE.
I am looking forward to that as well, but if the Lido pool is closed or has issues, then wouldn't the Serenity area become much less serene when all the kids and families start flooding there?
#44
17,746 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Brg21
I am looking forward to that as well, but if the Lido pool is closed or has issues, then wouldn't the Serenity area become much less serene when all the kids and families start flooding there?
I doubt it. All the kids clubs are open and are at the back of the ship. And why aren't the kids in school, anyway?

Who's to say the pool hasn't been fixed? Besides, the weather doesn't look like pool kind of weather.
#45
Boca Raton
10 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by Sargent_Schultz
I doubt it. All the kids clubs are open and are at the back of the ship. And why aren't the kids in school, anyway?

Who's to say the pool hasn't been fixed? Besides, the weather doesn't look like pool kind of weather.
Good points! I am on the 17th out of Barcelona and I am pretty sure that the kinks will be worked out, but am nervous as I hear the rumor/reports, or "rumorts" as I like to call them, are that the cabins on 9-12 are the ones with water and electrical issues...and of course my new wife and I are honeymooning in a spa balcony room on 11!!!
#46
17,746 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Brg21
Good points! I am on the 17th out of Barcelona and I am pretty sure that the kinks will be worked out, but am nervous as I hear the rumor/reports, or "rumorts" as I like to call them, are that the cabins on 9-12 are the ones with water and electrical issues...and of course my new wife and I are honeymooning in a spa balcony room on 11!!!
The water issues sounded to me like a burst pipe or similar which would require the water to be shut off in the area while it was being repaired. I would think all of it has be resolved by now.

The ship has been sailing as scheduled and has left Dubrovnik and is on the way to Messina.

The ship will be in Barcelona on the 17th, no worries. They have important people to pick up - like me.
#47
Glasgow,Scotland
191 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Sargent_Schultz
I doubt it. All the kids clubs are open and are at the back of the ship. And why aren't the kids in school, anyway?

Who's to say the pool hasn't been fixed? Besides, the weather doesn't look like pool kind of weather.

Kids under 5 don't go to school mostly

Temps in the 50s is outdoor pool weather if you're from Scotland
#48
St. Clair, Michigan
603 Posts
Joined May 2004
Originally posted by Sargent_Schultz
The water issues sounded to me like a burst pipe or similar which would require the water to be shut off in the area while it was being repaired. I would think all of it has be resolved by now.

The ship has been sailing as scheduled and has left Dubrovnik and is on the way to Messina.

The ship will be in Barcelona on the 17th, no worries. They have important people to pick up - like me.
Can't wait until you finally get on and give us the whole scoop!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




CARNIVAL

Victory - Eastern Caribbean 2000
Victory - Eastern Caribbean 2002
Glory - Eastern Caribbean2004
Valor - Western Caribbean 2006
Spirit -Hawaii 2008
Spirit- Hawaii 2011
Paradise - western Caribbean 2013
Sunshine - Mediterranean 2013
Sunshine - Transatlantic. 2013
Breeze - Caribbean 2014
Splendor - Repo Ny to San Juan 2014
Splendor- East coast/ Canada 2015
Vista - Mediterranean 2016
Vista - Transatlantic October 2016
#49
17,746 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Flying Scot
Kids under 5 don't go to school mostly

Temps in the 50s is outdoor pool weather if you're from Scotland
If they aren't tall enough, they wouldn't be using the slides anyway.

We'll be in Scotland in September. I don't anticipate going swimming.
#50
Glasgow,Scotland
191 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Sargent_Schultz
If they aren't tall enough, they wouldn't be using the slides anyway.

We'll be in Scotland in September. I don't anticipate going swimming.

Any idea what the height restriction is? My 4 year old will turn 5 on cruise but is pretty tall for his age and in 7 yr olds clothes. He has his heart set on these water slides. He was able to do a lot of the big ones in Florida last October.
#51
17,746 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Flying Scot
Any idea what the height restriction is? My 4 year old will turn 5 on cruise but is pretty tall for his age and in 7 yr olds clothes. He has his heart set on these water slides. He was able to do a lot of the big ones in Florida last October.
usually 42 inches but I haven't seen these slides yet. I'll find out for sure in the near future.
#52
314 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
The other post is right on the front just a couple of items down. Has over 150 posts already and most of them negative. Of course none of them are from people aboard. Just the experts that know everything.
#53
Glasgow,Scotland
191 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Sargent_Schultz
usually 42 inches but I haven't seen these slides yet. I'll find out for sure in the near future.
Cool. Thanks. Hopefully it is 42 as he is about 46-47 right now.

Where in Scotland are you going?
#54
Ireland
844 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by Flying Scot
Kids under 5 don't go to school mostly

Temps in the 50s is outdoor pool weather if you're from Scotland
With you 100% on that one!!! 50s sweeeettttt says the irish woman!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
06-04-2010 MSC Fantasia
06-17-2012 MSC Splendida
06-07-2013 Carnival Destiny
26 -6 - 2016 MSC Preziosa
#55
17,746 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Flying Scot
Cool. Thanks. Hopefully it is 42 as he is about 46-47 right now.

Where in Scotland are you going?
You're welcome.

Cruising on Carnival Legend on a British Isles cruise (+a little more). Ports in Scotland include Edinburgh, Invergordon, and Glasgow.
#56
Broomall Pa.
342 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
double post
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Majesty of the seas 10/01
Navigator of the seas 7/04
Enchantment of the seas 1/06
Carnival Victory 8/06
Adventure of the seas 10/06
Sovereign of the seas 1/07
Mariner of the seas 7/07
Radiance of the seas 1/08
Liberty of the seas 1/09
Explorer of the seas 6/09
Mariner of the seas 1/10
Oasis of the seas 9/10
Navigator of the seas 11/10
Navigator of the seas 11/10
Radiance of the seas 5/11
Pride of America 10/11
Norwegian Epic 11/12
Brilliance of the seas 1/13
Celebrity Equinox 10/13
Island Princess 6/14
#57
Broomall Pa.
342 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Sargent_Schultz
The water issues sounded to me like a burst pipe or similar which would require the water to be shut off in the area while it was being repaired. I would think all of it has be resolved by now.

Now who's speculating on rumor?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Majesty of the seas 10/01
Navigator of the seas 7/04
Enchantment of the seas 1/06
Carnival Victory 8/06
Adventure of the seas 10/06
Sovereign of the seas 1/07
Mariner of the seas 7/07
Radiance of the seas 1/08
Liberty of the seas 1/09
Explorer of the seas 6/09
Mariner of the seas 1/10
Oasis of the seas 9/10
Navigator of the seas 11/10
Navigator of the seas 11/10
Radiance of the seas 5/11
Pride of America 10/11
Norwegian Epic 11/12
Brilliance of the seas 1/13
Celebrity Equinox 10/13
Island Princess 6/14
#58
17,746 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by cruzfitter
Now who's speculating on rumor?
When someone reports two cabins flooded it is the most likely culprit. I doubt there are any passenger cabins below the water line or that the hull was breached.

I have seen it before.