STOCK QUESTION

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:54 PM.
n/a Posts

It would hardly be worth buying and selling quickly because of the fees involved-- and the price of the stock is moving very slowly. Right now it is $39.99, which means you would have to invest $3999 to get the required 100 shares of stock. And if you have any short term capitol gains you would have to pay tax on it as well.

Better to be in for the long haul.

Char

click <a href="mailto:[email protected]">here</a href> to send me an e-mail
Chicago area
14,076 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Long enough for it to show up on a monthly statement for you to submit.

But I'd say that it would be a bit risly to buy $4,000 worth of stock to save $100, especially if you don't want to hold it. You might loose more than that on turning it around and will pay round trip broker's comissions (both buying and selling) that will chew up a big chunk of the comission.

OTOH, I've made about $1100 on the RCL stock I bought last year. I think the stock is a good price, especially after falling off $5 or $8 or so a couple of weeks ago. But that's still for a long hold. If you'd bought for the credit before that fall off and lost $500 to $800 in the past few weeks...