Actual dress code?

sealeggs

I have family members sailing on Queen Victoria on August 1st. I have read a few posts that you do not have to wear Jackets in the dining room and some you do. Is this a suggestion as it is on other lines or is this a mandatory dress code. They don't mind either way, but it will make a difference in what they will pack.

Thank you form any and all responses.

From the Cunard website

Evenings will be split into 2 different dress codes. You will be notified of the evening's dress code in your Daily Programme. As a guide, these will be:

Formal:

Evening wear consists of an evening or cocktail dress or smart trouser suit for ladies. A tuxedo, dinner jacket or dark suit with appropriate neck wear for men or you may wear formal national dress and army uniform.

Informal:

Evenings would consist of a required jacket and optional tie optional for gentlemen, whilst ladies should wear cocktail dresses, stylish separates or equivalent.

Please note that after 6pm, shorts and blue or worn denim (for men and women); sandals and sleeveless tops (for men) are not considered appropriate within the ship. On formal nights, any guests wishing to dress more casually are welcome to dine in the Kings Court or Lido buffet restaurant and relax in the Winter Garden or Garden Lounge bar, but should not use other areas within the ship, including our Alternative Dining Restaurants, out of respect for their fellow guests.

So yes, jacket is required every evening. I hope your family members have a wonderful time.

Edited by Host Hattie

I've seen people just turned away more than I've seen people handed a jacket.

The sad truth is, it's not like they DIDN'T know about the dresscodes. They are fully explained in the info. brochure that we all receive.

The one case that sticks in my mind was a little unfortunate. During one of the Christmas Caribbean cruises we were having a Noro outbreak and the Captain was advising passengers to eat in Britannia rather than Kings Court. A wheelchair bound passenger who normally ate dinners in KC wanted to take the advice but hadn't packed a jacket.