35,000 Points on my Barclay's card??

mimicsr

What can I do with my 35,000 reward points. We have a cruise coming up in December on the Dream. Can they be used to pay off some of the sign & sail bill at cruise end? My TA told me you had to have at least 50,000 to trade them in. Is that correct? What about using them for OBC?? I'm totally confused.

I believe it's 5000 points before you can redeem. If you go to Barclays website you can go to redeem and it will bring up a list of options for Carnival transactions that you can redeem against and how many points it would be. You can redeem for statement credit as one of the options. That's how I redeem and it posts right away.

you can use them to pay for your S&S card but you do it once you get back. Charge your S&S card to your barclay card and when you get home go online to redee and they'll credit your account. Its a $100 for 10,000 points. We did this last year. We had 20,000 to redeem so it worked out well.

Thanks so much for this info. I would like to redeem once we get back home. I guess the TA was mistaken then and we WILL be able to use our 35,000 points.

TA was definitely wrong.....I've had one for years and have used it many times to pay off part of cruise after I get home..... or can use it against ANY flight you may have charged

The way it is redeemed now, since March of this year, is when you have a charge for Carnival for more than $1500 you can pay down part of that charge at the higher redemption value than if it is under $1500. You do not need to have enough points to pay that entire charge balance. We paid down $1050 of the cruise fare charge, which was $2100, with 70,000 points. :cool:

So if you can manage to make the charge to Carnival over $1500 you can use the higher value for points redemption. That was a good change to the credit card program, before you needed the points to pay the entire charge. :cool:

Also use the card to pay for your SailnSign and you'll get double points, and they can be used to pay down that SailnSign charge!

If you let it build to 100,000 points I beleive you get $1500 in credit.

You don't have to have 100000 points any more to get the higher redemption value. It can be applied to any charge to Carnival for $1500.01 or more. They will apply a partial credit at the higher rate.

For example this was credited towards a $2100 charge to Carnival for our cruise fare:

Date Redeemed: 05/18/12

Reward Received: Carnival Cruise Reservations*

Points Redeemed: 70000

Amount Status: $1,050.00

COMPLETED

What can I do with my 35,000 reward points. We have a cruise coming up in December on the Dream. Can they be used to pay off some of the sign & sail bill at cruise end? My TA told me you had to have at least 50,000 to trade them in. Is that correct? What about using them for OBC?? I'm totally confused.

I just redeemed 35,000 pts for my cruise coming up next week. $350 off the final payment!!!

07/20 07/20 Carnival Rewards Credit 35,000 Points -$350.00

I just redeemed 35,000 pts for my cruise coming up next week. $350 off the final payment!!!

07/20 07/20 Carnival Rewards Credit 35,000 Points -$350.00

Good but better to pay the charge on your card for double points and than get statement credit.

Ok Thanks for the help....Found what I was looking for BUT...is there a minimum of points to get on-board credit? I have 19,000 points. When I click on the cruise one it comes up blank. But if I click on the other gifts it shows things to purchase. Would I be able to get on-board credit with 19,000 points?

To purchase obc with points:

$50 obc - 7200 points

$100 obc - 12,500 points

$200 obc - 20,000 points

However, if you use the credit card to pay your sail and sign account, you get double points; then, you can use your points to get a statement credit where 5000 points would yield a $50 statement credit. So your current 19,000 points could get you $190 of statement credit but it is not enough to purchase $150 obc.

From a promotional email I received from Carnival Funpoint Mastercard today:

"Redemptions begin at 3,700 points, and you can continue to pay yourself back for up to six months after your cruise purchase!"

Edited to add the bold in the text above was theirs. I was quoting it for the 3700 point part.

Good but better to pay the charge on your card for double points and than get statement credit.

I did get double credits because I paid in full the same day I booked it!! I got the $350 off the next billing statement. So I guess I didn't really get $350 off final bill.

almost a free cruise because my balcony was only $373 per person!

$150 obc and airfare that cost $5.00

If your TA gives out repetitive wrong info might be time to find a new one.

TA was definitely wrong.....I've had one for years and have used it many times to pay off part of cruise after I get home..... or can use it against ANY flight you may have charged

Being Diamond on RCCL is especially nice on the "Oasis of the Seas", they have a super diamond lounge!

Originally Posted by KroozFoolz viewpost.gif

I believe you have up to 180 days (~ 6 months) after an eligible purchase is charged to the card to apply points toward that purchase for statement credit.

Good morning to all from KY…

OK, fellow cruisers I need a little bit of help here as I am relatively new to both this website and the Barclay credit card. I have this card (got it while aboard my first cruise last year) and used it a recently to book my second cruise on the Glory for this coming January. Could someone please be so kind as to define the aforementioned post by KroozFollz??? I just want to ensure that I don’t screw-up by not meeting a timeline for submission of my points/etc/etc. My request for information may appear obvious to some, but I pretty new to the cruising scene so please understand. Thanks in advance for an anticipated reply.

Archived