Emergency Ship Phone Contacet

jayandrhea

Going out on the Voyager 2/24/08. I have only cruised with Princess this will be my first RCL cruise. Princess gives a emergency phone #. RCL charges $7.95 per minute min of 10 min. Guess family members will not want to pay $75.00 for family emergency. If something happens at home will you need to know on crusie?

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888)

724-SHIP. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (732) 335-3285. The

cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their American

Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®.

From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also

apply.

Make sure you leave your family your ship's name and your cabin number

Thanks I did not know. Sorry spelling I am tried from work today just trying to cover everything before leaving on Sunday.

No, problem. Do discuss with your family members what to do in case something unforeseen happens while you are away. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where someone passed away suddenly and they weren't sure what to do about contacting the cruising family member and it really hit home for me because my mom is getting up there in years.

If you have a cell phone you can be reached on board ship. The charges would be whatever you provider charges for roaming fees and long distance. We're going to have our kids text us (no charge other than roaming) with any non-emergency info. they want to give us (my DS has an important bball game that we will be missing) and save phone calls for emergencies.

B&R

even though it's a 888 number, they would still get charged the 7.95 rate? What if they just wanted to pass a message along?

We tried to keep in contact via e-mail and that worked pretty well for this last cruise we were on, but there have been some ships where it was soooo slow that I had to log off before I could read the messages.

even though it's a 888 number, they would still get charged the 7.95 rate? What if they just wanted to pass a message along?

We tried to keep in contact via e-mail and that worked pretty well for this last cruise we were on, but there have been some ships where it was soooo slow that I had to log off before I could read the messages.

Yes the service that contacts the ships is a 888 number and then there is a satellite number for the ships and you will pay the 7.95 per minute and they won't just pass a message along.

Archived